Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Hi! It's me. Question on enzymes....
Posted by: shep252 ()
Date: May 01, 2007 06:31PM

Hi, it's been a while since coming here. Can you create too much enzymes eating raw foods? Is that why I am always hungry? I eat about 3 avocados a day and some bananas and some vegetables.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hi! It's me. Question on enzymes....
Posted by: Fud ()
Date: May 01, 2007 06:45PM

From what I've read you don't create the enzymes as a result of eating raw foods, you absorb them from the plants you're eating and your body uses only what's needed.

That's my understanding.

Always hungry suggests you're not getting enough calories. I'd go to fitday.com and set up a dietary calorie counter online and my daily caloric intake if I were you. I'm still trying to get my calories up an a fashion I'm happy with and within the limitations of the local markets, but the calculator at fitday.com is invaluable to me. It makes a major difference.

[rawfoodtrip.blogspot.com]
[jugglingforjoy.com]

Date: May 01, 2007 06:53PM

Thanks for the good input on the enzymes!

You know how many times I've been to fitday? LOL I am 108 lbs and I eat a lot. About 1200 cals a day.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 01, 2007 08:33PM

Shep,
That is not that much food - I am 108 as well and I eat twice that amount!!!

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: May 02, 2007 10:22PM

If you're getting any kind of physical exercise (and you SHOULD be), 1200 calories a day isn't very much. I often eat up to 2000 calories a day or more, and I weigh 90 - 95.

Besides calories, you might check to see that you're getting enough nutrients. I find that no matter how many calories I eat in a day, I will feel hungry if I don't get enough calcium, iron, and yes, even protein. Although I feel satisfied on somewhat less of those nutrients than what is SADly recommended, I do find I have a need for them that I consciously try to satisfy - usually on a daily basis.

I fill that need by consuming lots of fruit (including one small avocado or half a large one everyday), some sprouted sesame/sunflower seeds, a relatively small amount of leafy greans, and a very small amount of sprouted grains about once a week.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: May 04, 2007 06:11AM

Eat raw foods does not create too many enzymes. However, eating the high fat diet that you described, I could see why you are hungry at the end of the day. On the days when I eat my fat meals (say once a week or so), if I don't eat enough fruit before I eat my fat meal, I feel hungry at the end of the day regardless of the amount of fat I eat.

Date: May 04, 2007 01:30PM

Thanks everyone for the good posts. I had my Basal metabolic rate measured one time (don't know how accurate it was) but they measured that my BMR is round 1280. Sometimes I do eat more than that. Oh, I was going to say, I do eat fruit and protein stuff and some fats during the day, then at night now I switched to eating some fats. I feel more satisfied and more calm when I go to bed. A strict fruit diet, though, I found to be more hungry than I already am. Do we all metabolize differently? I think I am more hungry right now is because I am so acidic, and trying to cleanse the access acids. Gotta love bananas. lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2007 01:39PM by shep252.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables