Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Are there any non-vegan raw food support sites?
Posted by: Fud ()
Date: May 03, 2007 10:23PM

I have the need to be able to discuss my cravings and weaknesses without worrying about offending anyone. I realize now what I didn't when I signed up on this board that it's not a "raw food" support group but rather a "raw vegan" support group (blame my ADD for not catching it in the forum agreement forms). I have nothing against that and am very grateful for everyone's help and encouragement but the bottom line is, I'm not a vegan. While I support stepping away from animal products I do so for health reasons and for how much raw animal flesh reminds me of human flesh.

Out of respect I try not to mention cravings or give warnings when mentioning past consumptions, etc. but I don't have the moral or religious convictions that the word "vegan" encompasses. In a support group I need to be able to express my cravings, discuss my weaknesses and talk about any failures that may happen without worrying someone's going to want to kick me off the board.

I haven't given in yet and I hope I never do and I do plan to glean support from this site on a continued basis and hopefully begin to offer viable support in the process of my journey, I just need to be able to get my frustrations off my chest without risk of offense. Any helpful suggestions and support is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

[rawfoodtrip.blogspot.com]
[jugglingforjoy.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Are there any non-vegan raw food support sites?
Posted by: anaken ()
Date: May 03, 2007 10:31PM

I think voiceing questions/concerns would be appropriate in the right context. Perhaps some not in the main forum, but maybe in the journal section. If you went on about really craving X...thats pretty commonplace here I think

What people really don't want to hear is how X non-vegan thing/lifestyle is better then Y vegan thing and of course disrespecting talk in general.

you could try the NFL board (www.rawfood.com) ...theres tons of (often inappropriate) non-vegan stuff there...i think curezone? is the another

anyway..this was a great 'letter' man..very honest..power to you. I don't see you getting kicked anytime soon smiling smiley

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: May 04, 2007 12:53AM

i don't see anything wrong with you being on this site
just cuz u have cravings that are non vegan

u gotta start SOMEwhere, right?

if it offends someone, well..
then it does

and that's it

but u keep going on and being honest and discussing whatever u feel like

you're trying to become vegan
and that's the main point

and you're main intention is raw vegan
so you are right at home

cuz that's what everyone else here has as their aim

so u fit right in

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: May 04, 2007 01:04AM

fud i havent seen you say anthing that was close to offensive..talking about your cravings is one thing ..

promoting something thats non vegan is whats not acceptable here

theres a difference smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Fud ()
Date: May 04, 2007 02:05AM

Thanks for the support. That makes me feel better. I just recall a thread where someone took offense at a girl discussing her weakness for "raw" cheese and didn't want to fall into that.

[rawfoodtrip.blogspot.com]
[jugglingforjoy.com]

Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: May 04, 2007 03:32AM

this board is pretty active and good for discussing non-vegan topics.
[www.sunfood.com]

But..The turn off is they tend to like debating and arguing about stupid off topic stuff.

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: May 04, 2007 10:03AM

i know which post you are talking about...and her talking about raw cheese was promoting in a sense since she was eating it still and this is a vegan board which is why i think the person who took offense to it did.....but food cravings you have while detoxing or any time are a different story..everyone has them...because most everyone on this site at one time at the same junk in their lives..just a different starting point with their journey!! so don't worry...you are doing great!! keep up the good work
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables