Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Essential Element
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 05, 2007 07:03PM

Hi all,
I've been lurking here a couple of weeks. I've been 70-90% raw for a few months and 99% raw for the last week. Everything is going well-but it was not always the case.

When I first made my transition to 99% raw, I started feeling fatigued and irritable. I assumed that it was more detox. So I then tried to speed the process with a Master Cleanse-didn't stick with it though.

I did get an insight from the master cleanse that has so far been working, a key ingredient that I was missing: salt. Not just table salt, but good, nutritious sea salt. I started adding a bit of sea salt to my distilled water and wallah! I've had more energy than I ever had. My nerves also feel much calmer. Drinking dilute sea water, my muscles feel like putty, except when I need the energy/strength to do work, and it's there-more strength than when I was on an all protein diet even.

If you try this, make sure that you get naturally evaporated sea salt, not processed. And you don't have to pay out the *#& for it. I bought a 2$ container from Target from Alessi. I add enough to where it just starts to taste a little salty.

It also controls appetite. I've read, and come to believe, that we crave certain foods (chocolate, sugars, etc) because we are actually seeking minerals. Sea salt has about 80 minerals, in the perfect proportions that our body needs. I find that now when I am hungry (not as often as before) I just drink more sea water. I now have a coule of pieces of fruit, a couple of bites of brocoli, and a few leaves of spinach and that's my breakfast. I don't even wake up starving like before. I'll have a lite lunch-similar choices, and that's it, no more food for the day. So it's sort of like a mini-fast every day. Reading how Buddhist monks would stop eating after noon as part of a spiritual path, I've always aspired to do this. It seems that now I can.

I have read where some of you are feeling run down and irritable, well this may be your answer-you may be salt deprived. Try it and see. Or use me as a guinea pig. I hope this works for others.

Write if you have any questions,
Dustin

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables