Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Should I feel like a failure?
Posted by: amybass ()
Date: May 07, 2007 05:16AM

I am having a very hard time today. I am not completley sure if I want to stay 100% raw or downgrade to 80%. I posted all my thoughts in today's post on my blog-
[journeyforhealth.blogspot.com]

Then I decided to come up with my own different eating plan for myself that is much more manageable for myself. Which you can read here:
[journeyforhealth.blogspot.com]

I sort of feel like a failure right now. I feel like I may have let everyone down.

Just started my rawfood journey and blogging daily about it here: [journeyforhealth.blogspot.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Should I feel like a failure?
Posted by: Sparkler ()
Date: May 07, 2007 05:29AM

Don't feel like a failure, Amy. 'Cos you're not one! 80% raw and Fit for Life is miles away from SAD. There is no gold medal for staying 100% raw. Being a perfectionist is a pitfall for me too and I think in the case of diet it's more emotionally damaging than not.

You go at your pace. 80% is fantastic. Who knows, in 6 months or a year you may find yourself naturally wishing to progress to higher than 80% and then you might just do it effortlessly. Or you may always feel great at 80% and not feel the need to go further.

It's all a journey. Embrace it, enjoy the ride and let the perfectionism go. smiling smiley

Hope you feel better tomorrow!

Sarah
[goingbananasblog.com]

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: May 07, 2007 06:24AM

hi amy bass

<<I sort of feel like a failure right now. I feel like I may have let everyone down>>

u may find it odd to know that no one is really affected by what u do or don't eat. they are probably affected by what THEY eat but not by what YOU eat.

u say u feel lik eu may have let everyone down

well, i don't feel one bit let down
whether or not u eat raw or cooked
i still feel EXACTLY the same

and other people will too
most people are concerned with their OWN diets
not yours

if they are
they need some MAJOR counseling

especially if the people that u feel "care" about you
are total strangers who happen to venture to read your blog

they have lives of their own
don't worry about how you appear to them

its enough for you to keep your OWN concerns
without having to pile on everyone elses concerns which u have no control over anyhow

anyone who keeps trying to improve themselves
is a success as far as i'm concerned

no one is perfect
if they are

well, then... i wanna know what planet they are from

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: May 07, 2007 09:01AM

don't feel like a failure..although i know your concren..i am an all or nothing type person as well..and there have beena few days i ate vegan burgers...and although i ate all raw the rest of the day and was still high raw..i felt like i was completely non raw haha cuz i have to be all or nothing...but you are no failure..!!! you are doing great..don't sweat it hun..tke care
love earthangel
xoxoxxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: Fud ()
Date: May 07, 2007 11:36AM

You do what works best for you and your body. It's like David (raw food farmer) said. if you set your goals at a reasonable level you can always increase them later. There's nothing grand about going all out and having problems with it.

I've often wondered if 100% is more than I can handle so early in the ball game. I'm obsessed with food like a scavenger fish and I hate feeling that way. If I thought I could back down to a more reasonable level and stick with it I would in a heart beat, especially given all the healthy vegan food items out there.

If you need a friend you have them here. I'll be praying for you.

God Bless and Good luck

[rawfoodtrip.blogspot.com]
[jugglingforjoy.com]

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: May 07, 2007 05:30PM

I think your problem isn't sticking to your diet but rather beating yourself up over it. If you give yourself freedom and permission to eat whatever you want once a week or twice a week, or once a day (you decide) then you are not a failure. Being a failure is something you are calling yourself. Life is hard enough without making ourselves our biggest enemy. Be your own best friend and offer yourself some support. When you get bored or have a craving say to yourself "I am going to eat (whatever) in three days, if I still want to." If you do eat it than you are not a failure and if you don't you can be happy that your diet is improving. Focus on the reasons why you are choosing healthy food and put as little focus as possible on the negative food you are used to having.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: May 07, 2007 05:45PM

nope your not a failure smiling smiley yer human smiling smiley im not gonna repeat all the nice things said above but they reflect what i feel so .. just keep on keeping on smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: May 08, 2007 06:50AM

yeah!!

Posted by: GypsyArdor ()
Date: May 08, 2007 01:15PM

{{{HUGS}}}

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: May 09, 2007 06:28PM

la veronique you are so funny, hahahah I love you

I mean there is sincerity, which is trying to be authentic,everybody does this, and authenticity.... and you are authentic.

Date: May 10, 2007 12:12AM

Your never a failure....we all make choices and sometimes those choices need to change, just keep going over your goals and if they are no longer relevant to what you want then change direction!

F1

Posted by: joewood ()
Date: May 10, 2007 09:56AM

Amy,

Anyone who can be a stay-at-home mom with 3 children cannot even be on the same planet as a failure. I notice alot of people on this forum beating themselves up when they can't live up to pre-conceived expectations on being 100% raw. I myself am probably 60-70% raw right now. However, in 2006 I was maybe 5% raw & 95% SAD. While I want to get to 100% sometime this year, I know that this life style takes commitment. Failure is not falling down -- it's staying down & giving up!!

Remember... Life is a marathon, not a sprint. Enjoy being who God made you to be!!!

Love is patient, love is kind, it is not self-seeking, love ALWAYS protects,always endures. (1corinthians 13)

God IS love!! (1john4)
Jesus Christ...... The ONLY way to Heaven.
I am the Way, the Truth & the Life..(John 14:6)

Date: May 10, 2007 10:07AM

hey CC

thankssmiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables