Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

transition
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 07, 2007 03:21PM

Hi, I'm new to the site and hoping someone can help me. I live just outside London, England and I need to find a doctor or practitioner of some kind who is preferably raw themselves or is knowledgeable about it. I've been vegan for three years and recently started my raw transition. I've had IBS for years and in my second week of eating 90% raw I'm having excruciating stomach pains whenever I eat. I'm not even sure it's the raw diet that's causing it but I have to find out what's going on. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: transition
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: May 07, 2007 05:23PM

Yes. If you having severe pain, then you might have some pre-existing stomach condition. Until then, I would advise finding single raw fruits or vegetables that do not cause this pain. Evaluate them one at a time....and eat simple (non-combined) amounts of these foods...until you are adequately healed. Work closely with your healthcare professional (or whoever you trust) to determine and treat and pre-existing conditions. Remember though that YOU will have to do the research to determine what foods work for YOU. It's the same with ALL folks who transition to healthier eating. Don't you think?

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: SPARKLE ()
Date: May 08, 2007 04:19PM

Hey,

Everything that David said is, IMO, absolutely the best advice. But if you do want to talk to someone you could try to contact Shazzie or Jess Michael. Alternatively, I think that the best more mainstream person in London would be Marilyn Glenville - she was recommended to me by Gillian McKeith to sort out my very bad digestion problems. I never ended up seeing her, but I suspect that she's mighty expensive, so that might be prohibitive. I'm not sure what your opinion of Gillian is, but I believe that Glenville is on the same detox / juicing / semi-raw tip as Gillian, and that's why she recommended her to me.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 20, 2007 10:23AM

I apologise if I am in anyway breaking the forum rules. I just wanted to let you know of my existence. Im a practacing herbalist and nutritionist, and im 80% raw too. I wont blatantly market myself on here and give out my details etc, but please feel free to contact me via a private message, or google me, if you need any help or advice.

Kind thanks to the forum moderators for their tolerance to this post.

Dale

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: May 20, 2007 10:32AM

Agreed with what David said

I have been healed from crohns through raw. Mono eating has been the key for myself. But we are all different.

Worthwhile reading some literature on ibs, colitis and raw/ theres plenty of it smiling smiley

Hope you find the right practitioner for you

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables