Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Broken bone and Master Cleanser
Posted by: tiffany ()
Date: May 07, 2007 06:27PM

Hello all...

tiffany here....

i fell and broke my tibia in three places ( vertically) two weeks ago.....

I have since eaten some pretty awful fast food stuff my husband brought me because he would not go to store and i could not.... argh....

Since moving cross country to georgia march 26th.. my diet has gone from 80 percent raw to about 50....( i feel so awful blech)

What are thoughts and opinions on doing a MC during this healing time... i am not in a cast, i have two new screws in me, and i a two weeks post injury....had an x ray today and they said i am healing beautifully.....

Do you think MC will slow down my bone's knitting process?

Should I just go on a 100 percent raw to get detoxed? or should i try mono eating and 100 percent? anyone with experience on this type of injury is ESPECIALLY welcome to post.... and all your opinons are VERY welcome and may i say NEEDED...

love and light...
tiffntwins

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2009 04:02PM by Bryan.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Broken bone and Master Cleanser
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: May 07, 2007 06:34PM

i havent done a master cleanse but from what ive read about it , it doesnt sound very healthful to me compared to going 100% raw

also ive only broken toes , ankles and hand/fingers ..no major bones as of yet but the last time i broke a finger (3 years ago) it seemed to heal faster being 75-80% raw at the time , then when i broke other fingers when on SAD

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: greenie ()
Date: May 07, 2007 07:01PM

Just my opinion, but I wouldn't fast on MC at this time, I'd ramp up on juices, greens, and other raw. If you want to detox from the SAD food you ate recently, fruit is more purifying than veggies, but just follow what your body wants.

Also, ouch! Get well soon!

Posted by: Frannie ()
Date: May 07, 2007 09:41PM

I have read (in one of Dr.Norman Walker's books) that wheatgrass juice, as much of it as you can manage, is supposed to be really good for mending broken bones.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Francis

Posted by: tiffany ()
Date: May 08, 2007 12:28AM

ok... i was craving a MC... but i have decided againt it until i am mended....

and i am going to do some reading on wheatgrass and go find somwhere they sell it here in town..... i have had it before and now i'm kinda craving it..... argh.....

i am doing mono meals starting tonight...., actually a few hours ago LOL and am going to do this till i feel better....

what did i do?!?!?!?!? 50 raw or shoudl i say 50 SAD ARGH.... and laid up in bed...... pffftt....... i gotta get back on track LOL.....

thank you!

tiffntwins

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: May 08, 2007 06:44AM

hey tiff

sent u a PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables