Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

my first star-fruit
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: May 09, 2007 07:39PM

not sure if this is the proper name for it but its what they called in overwatea lol

kinda tastes like grapes..and honeydew...

are they supposed to be really sweet? this one wasnt terribly sweet so im not sure how ripe it was ..

what are they supposed to look like ripe? smiling smiley this was like neon yellow with a few brown spots hehe

lol the subject heading looks like a little kids book title now that i see it again lol

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2007 07:39PM by Jgunn.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: my first star-fruit
Posted by: Sparkler ()
Date: May 10, 2007 01:36AM

They're not sickly sweet like banana, but they should have been sweet enough if ripe. Kinda like an apple - sweet but slightly tart...

I've never seen a good starfruit in the US. The ones I ate growing up in Malaysia were huge and yellow...

Sarah
[goingbananasblog.com]

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: May 10, 2007 01:44AM

I think there are different varieties of starfruit, some better than others. All the ones I've ever eaten in Hawaii are quite sweet, maybe a little tart like Sarah says. They kind of remind me of kool-aid (I know, but I couldn't think of a better way to describe them).

The ones I tried in Australia were pretty awful, not sweet but more sour even when ripe. Sorry Australia. I will say Australia's jackfruit is better than most jackfruit in Hawaii. smiling smiley

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: May 10, 2007 11:12AM

Carambola salad I had tonight

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2007 11:27AM by coconutcream.

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: May 10, 2007 06:28PM

That looks so beautiful and tasty coconutcream! What is the stuff sprinkled over the salad? Is that cucumber in the middle? I like cucumber with banana, avocado and lemon juice.

Posted by: Harmony ()
Date: May 10, 2007 09:10PM

Mmm, that salad looks delicious! What's in it?

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: May 10, 2007 09:25PM

yea i was wondering what the sprinkles are .. yummy !! i was thinking chopped nuts or hemp seeds or soemthing? smiling smiley

SUNCLOUD ! thats hilarious i was trying to figure out what the odd aftertaste was .. i like them its just the aftertaste was confusing .. yer BANG on its cherry koolaid .. BIZARRE hahah

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: May 11, 2007 12:58AM

Its at afterglo, on south beach, this place that also serves raw vegan options, so its raw nuts and some sauce that was good, it had everything in it, you can see.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables