Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

whats the best city to live in for rawfoods?
Posted by: superjuicer ()
Date: May 10, 2007 04:42PM

My current town sucks, almost none of the food is fresh. Whats the best place to live in for a great supply line of rawfoods all year?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: whats the best city to live in for rawfoods?
Posted by: tiffany ()
Date: May 10, 2007 04:47PM

hi superjuicer...

i would suggest somewhere southern whether eastern or western...... lots of sun and warmth means you can grow lots of your own plants too!

I know lots of folks who live in arizona and LOVE it and have the MOST monstrous gardens and are virtually self sufficient... i hear the farmers markets there are kickin'

Where do you live?

tiffntwins

Posted by: Harmony ()
Date: May 10, 2007 05:16PM

Probably anywhere tropical, or as close as you can get! grinning smiley

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: May 10, 2007 06:18PM

In the US, I'd say Hilo, Hawaii is the best little city for raw food. Organic tropical produce, year round growing season for veggies, farmers markets, and health food stores.

Aloha.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2007 06:23PM by suncloud.

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: May 11, 2007 01:01AM

MIIIIIIAAAAMMMMII..HAWAIIII,,,ARIZZZONNNNA, CALLLIIFFOORNNIIAAA

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: May 11, 2007 06:36AM

i will second coconutcream's post those all sound like great places....
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: May 11, 2007 07:38AM

Yes. Suvine is right - of course! LOL. In the U.S., the tropical or sub-tropical zones are going to be your best bet. You'll find the best housing prices in the less popular cities....and away from the coasts....in the more rural areas. So it depends on what you want.

-If money is no object...then I'm sure that places like Southern California or...better yet...Hawaii....would be WONDERFUL. I chose to live in Central Florida (Avon Park) where I could buy some good acreage...and start a small organic farm (should get my Certificate of Occupancy in June of 2007! LOL). If the world came to an end tomorrow (socially speaking! Ha! ha!) I could wander around picking food off the trees for the next 1000 years! LOL.

-As far as major cities......Miami, Orlando, Melbourne.....any of the Southern, Coastal, or even the more Central cities (like Avon Park) will have a raw food scene and support group...and plenty of fresh produce year-round. If you want some more specific information about Florida......just drop me a line.

-I'm heading over to Sarasota for the first time this weekend...so I'll post an update!

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: superjuicer ()
Date: May 11, 2007 02:04PM

Hmm Arizona looks good to me. Any city recommendations in Arizona? I didn't really want to deal with the whole hurricane thing heh.... But I guess if those are the only good areas I guess I could give it a try someday.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: May 11, 2007 02:12PM

Mulberry Lane

Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: May 11, 2007 05:49PM

San Francisco/Bay Area does not suck if you are raw. I've lost count of the number of raw restaraunts in the area. There are at least 5 in SF, and many more in the surrounding Cities. Also lots of raw business in the area.

On the down side it's kind of pricey living here.

Ian.

Posted by: Suzie ()
Date: May 11, 2007 06:26PM

I have the weekend off, so maybe I'll try to find a raw restaurant. (It would be my first time going to one.)

Posted by: Elakti ()
Date: May 11, 2007 06:57PM

San Diego has got to be pretty high on the list, right Earthangel?

Besides People's Co-op, fantastic weekly Farmer's Markets in two locations that I know of, lots of Whole Foods, Henry's, now rawfood Cilantro Live restaurant in Hillcrest location (just found that out from EA!!!), Nature's First Law is here for quick shipping of books, etc---even some of the large chain grocery stores carry a small organic section! Also Ranchos is another very raw oriented market. Also, which I need to investigate soon, there are large Asian neighborhoods with markets all over...may be able to get some unusual fruit.

Much of produce at People's comes from local (ie, Escondido which is much hotter) farms.

The ambience is pretty receptive to organic/natural/raw. The weather not only creates farms closeby, but allows people to also grow their own gardens.

I feel so fortunate---amen!---to be here.

--Elakti

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables