Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

An "AH HA" moment for me!
Posted by: tiffany ()
Date: May 10, 2007 04:45PM

Good Afternoon!

well, after so many years of being HIGH raw.... but only 100 for a few days at a time... i think i have FINALLY figured out what the "trick" is for me...

I know you all (mostly i'm sure) already know this... but for me, it was a MAJOR AH HA moment..... I was reading here...[sarah811.blogspot.com] and taking note of her intake.

so i did some tweaking on my own intake and times of intake etc.....what i have felt and have seen orking for me RIGHT NOW is to:

1. eat sweet fruits (bananas, apples, pears, dates) BEFORE the time i have noted cravings (ANY time after 6 pm)
2. monitor my caloric in take to my basal NEED (body weight times 10 accocrding to Dr. D (info polished off above website) and also the estimate given by Fit Day (both are remarkably close))

On a HIGH fruit diet, where i make sure to get enough calories and make sure my cravings are met wtih sweet fruit..... i can be 100 percent like CAKE ( as in EASY) most days....

granted i have a broken leg and it seems easier to me right now to eat the right food (mostly cause my hands hurt from crutching everywhere and i'm being lazy, so i keep TONS of fruit ont he counter that the kids can get me easily LOLOL)..... so who knows if this has anything to do with my success or if it is just the statements 1 and 2 above....

I find my time to crave processed or cooked/or even raw junk food is evening... after 6 pm... so i am tackling this with a HUGE banana celery smoothie (gleaned from above website) at 5 PM and also re-ordered my sour dates...

I find that i do not crave sweet fruit all day... i like my veggies or grape tomatoes ( okay do those count as sweet fruit? they SURE are sweet) andd i LOVE to eat like 6 cups of salad plain for lunch... but afternoon and evening... OH MAN... i want that sugar/starch/fat/cooked/processed/salted/ comfort.....

I have tried SEVERAL times to be 100 percent and i just never could... and then i was rough on myself.... i have learned from those MANY years of experience... i am naturally about 80 percent raw without NO effort.... but i have all this excess weight that that 20% SAD keeps around....

I am just so excited right now....i was up to 178 when we moved here to geoergia. we had traveled from washington and spent time at family and VLECH! i was at 50 percent raw if i was lucky.... but isnce being settled the last 3 or 4 weeks, and having fressh fruit and veggies in the house, i have dropped down to 171.5. I like that progress... that was with no effort and still on 20 percent cooked...

i really need to do some weigh loss... i am feeling the effects of my weight in almost aspect of my life, my clothes, my social life, my marriage, mothering, mentoring others at church.... i am also high risk of diabetes and fear other things later in life (cancer, bone issues)......

the last time i got REALLY focused on raw i got down to 148... and WOAH i was very satisfied with that weight loss..... BUT it was such hard work because i was doing calorie restriction and not even meeting my basal needs (OHHHH THE CRAVINGS AND DEPRIVATION I FELT)...

it won't be hard to get there this time cause i have this board and a few VERY good friends in this life... and i have had my AH HA moment!

love and light

tiffntwins

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: An "AH HA" moment for me!
Posted by: Harmony ()
Date: May 10, 2007 05:14PM

Yes, Sarah is very inspiring, isn't she? AND she's a great friend! We live pretty close to each other at the moment. grinning smiley

Congrats on your AH-HA moment, and I wish you continued success with your new found tricks and motivation!

Posted by: Sparkler ()
Date: May 11, 2007 01:27PM

Hi Tiffany,

I'm glad my little blog actually helped someone. smiling smiley

Hey do you have twins? I have twins!!!

Sarah
[goingbananasblog.com]

Date: May 11, 2007 04:15PM

sarah

i have twin boys.. they will be six in august.. and YEAH i know.. we acctually have aALOT in common.. i wil PM you in a bit!

love and light

tiffntwins

Date: May 11, 2007 04:18PM

sarah i tried to PM you but it says your message storage is all filled up.....

Date: May 11, 2007 04:29PM

Tiffany I will pm you with my email address and you can email me. My twin boys are turning 6 tomorrow!!! smiling smiley

Sarah
[goingbananasblog.com]

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 12, 2007 12:11AM

Sarah,
I love your blog and look forward to reading it every day. I have two questions for you (your mailbox is full so I couldn't PM you):
1. What is your view on organic produce? We only have a very small variety of organic produce here and I have been limiting and depriving myself of great fruits and veggies b/c I am currently buying organic.
2. What is your view on alcohol? I used to drink a glass or two (yikes, even 3) of wine at night and now that I am transitioning to 811 I really cannot handle the stuff at all. I wanted to know if you had this same experience or if you could point me to some information on the toxic effects of this drug.

Thank you for all that you do.

Innerbeauty

Date: May 13, 2007 05:14PM

Hi Innerbeauty,

I'm no guru... winking smiley I've only ever managed to do this for almost 4 months straight so far, so I don't really feel qualified to answer your questions, but I will give you my opinions since you asked.

1. Right now we're doing organic when and where it's feasible but not stressing out about it too much. If something organic is on sale and it looks good I go for it. I buy organic bananas when I can find them since they're comparatively cheap. So I'd say I'm about half organic right now. I think as my husband and I move toward getting a true handle on this lifestyle, which includes getting friendly with the local grocers, getting deep discounts, buying in bulk etc, we will naturally move toward nearly all organic. But right now I feel non organic is better for me than cooked.

2. I've never been an alcohol drinker...I'm pretty sure it's a toxin. My DH comes from a long line of alcoholics who destroyed their health and their families through drink, so we decided we would not go down that path.

Hope this helps but remember, I'm no expert! smiling smiley

Sarah
[goingbananasblog.com]

Date: May 13, 2007 08:11PM

hey all...

the longer i do 100 raw the more confident i grow in my "ah ha" moment being right for me....

This "plan" i have developed sure does continue to feel right... i have had almost NO cravings ( starbucks a few days ago craving) and it has been EASY to eat in resturants ( see my other post lol), out in public and while being on ALL day outtings...... i am so happy.... i finally feel like i have listened to my body and taken it's directions....

it just seemed to take so long to finally BELEIEVE that my body will direct me!

i love my body

tiffntwins

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables