Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Any ideas of work suitable for me? (London, UK)
Posted by: Prem Yari ()
Date: May 11, 2007 01:08PM

Hi friends,

Well i guess we all need to make a bit of money, personally i don't even like to have much only things at the moment i spent on is some food and to go dancing once a week. Having any material stuff more than can fit in my backpack is simply too much for me. So i don't buy clothes, soaps, shampoo, toothpaste, electronic equipment, nor do i even buy any books or music. I never ever want to have a car or a house. To me it feels when we pass from this life to the next form of existence all we have is the love we shared with people. That is the only real thing we ever have. All i really want in this life is to live in a nice raw food community with friends sharing everything but of course at the moment i have to try and survive in this so-called "normal" insane society.

At the moment i'm staying in a place of my friend for work exchange it is very basic: no heating, shower or real rooms just very this walls, it used to be a squat (so i'm guessing many people they wouldn't live here but i love the big space and quietness) so i don't need money for rent. It is good enough for summer when winter comes hopefully this house is more isolated against the cold or i might have to look for something else but it depends on so many things.

Having just returned from India a few weeks ago i'm trying to look for a way to earn some money i do need to eat once in a while although i like fasting too. In the past i've done various jobs where you don't need qualification i dropped "formal" education at 18. Few examples i worked: in a theme park, bookstore, railway station, one Osho community (as a housekeeper it was also a fun place). Just yesterday i went for a trial to one company (darwins deli maybe those of you in London know it) who delivers sandwiches and stuff to office workers in the city by bicycle and on Monday i find out if i get the job or not. But even if i do it is not something i would really enjoy doing, deliver stuff to people i know is not good for them. Don't like to say it but i'd only do it for the money.

So ideally i would like to do something to really help people become healthier and happier. In India and Thailand i studied traditional Thai yoga massage and it would be possible for me to get an insurance in this country too (last year i had one) but first of all i'd need money for the insurance and even with it how would i get people to come to me for massage, i don't know any clinics nor am i good with advertising? Last year i had insurance but it was totally useless.

It would be really good to start some kind of raw food business, my friend whose place i'm staying had an idea to start a mail order company for people to order stuff on internet it would be kept here in the house and i would post the items to them. Whether it will happen or not i'm waiting to see. Another friend was saying she would like to have raw food cafe in Camden town (area of London with a lot of "alternative" stuff) so that also sounds like a good idea but again it is not here in the manifested physical world yet.

So please give me some ideas what i can do meanwhile? I'm looking for some practical advice from people who are more grounded than me i know i have great visions and hopes (and boundless energy that has no real outlet besides dancing which i'm mad about) but no practical way of getting anywhere except ending up in a madhouse.

Thanks, have an amazing day full of sunshine and little things that make you happy

Love and hugs
Yarismiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Any ideas of work suitable for me? (London, UK)
Posted by: jono ()
Date: May 11, 2007 01:20PM

im in a similar spot, trying to decide where to live and work after just finishing college.

you might try starting a raw nuts mail-order website, where you source and sell raw nuts which you know to be truly raw and organic, something like this site: [rawfromthefarm.com]

well good luck, whatever you do!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2007 01:20PM by jono.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: May 11, 2007 01:45PM

you could try the wwoof organization for organic places to work on .. either short term or longterm

[www.wwoof.org]
thats the UK link smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: May 11, 2007 01:55PM

Hey Yari, fancy seeing you here! I need some help with Funky Raw... not regular work yet though, I'll come and see you soon.

Rob (at 87)

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Posted by: Prem Yari ()
Date: May 11, 2007 02:20PM

Hi Rob,

Well i was thinking you would be here. It is so silly meeting in this virtual world we only live five minutes from each other AND i come for a shower to your house almost every day anyway. Regenesis is a great place with a lot of potential it will be a great place for us one day but would at the moment is needs to have a nice shower at least.

If you have any kind of work i would be happy to do it like i said i don't want money anyway, what i do with it? Money is just a tool for exchange. Personally i'm not either for or against money it is good as far as a tool but worthless being piled up somewhere. And any material junk just takes so much space i had to spent 3 days getting all the stuff out of regenesis. Also in the past i have met many people who have so much stuff they have no room to live for themselves. It all starts with the silly idea that if you are not happy with yourself then somehow having things will make you happy. Anyway this measure of backpack works well for me and sometimes even that is too much. Maybe should try to find a smaller bag?

Even if i'd get some fruits and other food my body wants in exchange of work, i would be very happy with that arrangement. Especially for doing something good for everyone which in itself is far better than getting money for something that is not good. All i want really is to help people. And your magazine is great way to give right information out to people. Like i've experienced since all my life there is so much false information out in the world if someone is just beginning their journey it would be important for them to have good support. For someone like me it is not so important anymore for example i don't even read books of what we should eat just listening to what my body is telling me is enough.

Anyway why don't you come in the weekend Sunday is good. Maybe i'll email you my phone number so you can call before.

See you
Yarismiling smiley

Posted by: Suzie ()
Date: May 11, 2007 05:51PM

Prem Yari Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>To me it feels when we pass from this life to the next form of existence
>all we have is the love we shared with people. That is the only real thing we ever >have.

That is so beautiful, and IMO so true.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: May 11, 2007 07:19PM

hey yari

i want u to work for funky

but i want you to gimme all your moneyn LOL

i'll invest it in err... uh... ORGANIC yeah... organic... project! (whewsmiling smiley
and ..uhh well, . uu trust me doncha( wink)

the best shower u can get is to go up to an elephant, irritate it and make it so that it showers you with its trunk ( filled with water)

eeaaarrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! EAARRRRRRHHHHHH!!

( sounds of elephant in the background)

Posted by: ryandvan ()
Date: May 11, 2007 07:27PM

You could give LA a try. Lot's of raw, vegan, healing stuff here. Lot's of new raw restaurants popping up every day. Also lot's of side gigs for fill if you wanted to branch out and do something creative . . .

-Ryan
radicalvitality.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables