Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Urine fasting is so good!!!
Posted by: Prem Yari ()
Date: May 11, 2007 01:43PM

Beloved friends,

Just wanted to share this personal story of a fast i did a while ago in India, hopefully it will encourage and inspire someone. So i was staying in the international city of Auroville (www.auroville.org) in Tamil Nadu in South India and in there i was living in one ecological permaculture tree planting community called Sadhana forest. In this particular community they are vegan and also try out different things so i was lucky enough to be there when they were doing a 7 day fast. Having never done this long fast (before longest was 5 days) regardless of being on the raw path for almost 3 years i really wanted to do it. So before starting the fast for 3 days i ate only fruit, then from the first day of fasting my daily routine was as follows: drink my first morning urine, then a glass of bentonite clay water, then going to the forest to have an enema with a bag i got from Thailand, then yoga, then any other daily chores we had. Throughout the day i would continue to drink my urine. Amazing thing was that since the first day of the fast i was feeling so high like on drugs. And my energy levels and physical strength were more than ever before. Many other people were sick and feeling terrible for a few days some throughout 7 days. So all it shows is that 3 years of high raw does make your body almost like a super human in comparison to "cooked" people. Anyway from the 5:th day i started to have a few glasses or grape juice daily mostly because my muscles were trembling. Looking back on it now i don't think i'd needed it, it was perhaps only emotional. After having completed 7 days on the 8:th day some of us went to a nearby organic farm to buy an organic yellow flesh papaya (maybe most of you have never even seen a papaya with yellow flesh usually they are red but let me tell you the yellow flesh version is something amazing, perhaps they only grow in India) and eating again was a weird feeling but felt great a short time after. Never in those 7 days did i feel hungry perhaps the feeling of hunger has long ago disappeared from my body i hardly ever feel it.

So now i'm here in London yesterday my raw flatmate was saying they are doing a fast so i said i want to join. It feels so great to fast and let the energy in my body flow free. A few years ago i met one raw girl from France who said she would like to live only on prana and i feel that is what my body naturally wants to do also, to stop eating and use the energy for other purposes. Notice i said it is what my higher body feels like doing, my emotional being is not ready at this point. Although it is not too far off i'm somewhere half way. As a child and a teenager i was struggling with all kinds of issues (physical mental and emotional too, although it is silly to separate them everything is one) in a way i feel myself really lucky although it was hard and painful but i've grown and learned so much. So i'm quite balanced in myself although for the eyes of the most of the world i'm completely mad, crazy, bonkers: only drinking his urine being ecstatic without any apparent reason. You see they tell us we need all kinds of things AND THEN we can be happy but never right HERE AND NOW. However there is no then if you are not happy now you can never be.

Today my energy is so high again it feels great to fast. And to feel we don't need absolutely ANYTHING to be blissful.

Love and hugs
Yarismiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Urine fasting is so good!!!
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: May 11, 2007 02:03PM

yari

<< Today my energy is so high again it feels great to fast. And to feel we don't need absolutely ANYTHING to be blissful.>>

yari man, u sound quite merry
its good to be around happy people
who cares if the world thinks your bonkers

my experience has been that when i'm happy around miserable people
they look at me like i'm "bonkers"

when i'm happy around happy people, they claim i'm their "kin" ha ha

i decided this morning to take a ride and SURF on yer vibes

whooohooooooooOOOOOOOO whooWWWWhooooHOOOOOO!!

that was fun

i'll pass on the urine ( i like other stuff better, no offense)
but i say YES to happy vibes

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: May 11, 2007 02:42PM

Hi Prem,
How wonderful to read your message! I love Sri Aurobindo, so Auroville has a special place in my heart. I resonate with much of what you say, and you have inspired me to remember to do the water fast I was planning to do this weekend. I have tried urine fasting in the past; not sure if I will do it again or not. But I basically agree with you that our bodies seem to naturally want to live less and less from dense food and to ultimately rely instead on prana.

Love, joy, and peace--

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: khale ()
Date: May 11, 2007 02:53PM

hi yari

glad to hear that you are feeling high (isn't that what we all want really?)

can you explain the reasoning behind drinking ones' own urine; what the benefits are and so on?

I've heard of this practice and have explored it briefly on-line, but I've not yet encountered a full description of its benefits.

thanks,

khale

Posted by: learningtofly ()
Date: May 11, 2007 03:04PM

Prem Yari Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> to stop eating and use the energy for other purposes.
> Notice i said it is what my higher body feels like
> doing, my emotional being is not ready at this
> point.

Yes! I know exactly what you mean.

Thanks for sharing.

Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: May 11, 2007 11:21PM

Urine is vegan?!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables