Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

weight loss quantity question
Posted by: tiffany ()
Date: May 13, 2007 10:30PM

let me preface this question wiht a statment: I understand and agree that this lifestyle is not about being skinny or thin, but is about total health.

so here is my question...

Part 1. to your knowledge.. WHO on this board has lost the MOST unhealthy weight going raw ( any percentage)?

Part 2. and to be more specific only count your starting weight minus the lowest weight achieved on raw (any percentage) for pounds lost ( don't count if you gained back and lost again and then count those secondary pounds lost LOL)

i would prefer people to only answer for themselves, but if you know of someone who hasn't posted in a while or has disappeared and lost a large amount of unhealhty weight, feel free to post what you know.... before and after pics welcome....

i am just cucrious, but i know it could motivate me and others who fall into the obese category....

tiffntwins

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: weight loss quantity question
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: May 13, 2007 11:01PM

My experience:

-Raw is a great tool. It's hard to be heavy on a mostly fresh vegetable diet. A mostly fruit / nut diet will more or less maintain weight. A processed food diet will give rise to weight gain. I lost 1 lb a week for over a year while switching to a mostly vegetable diet. I lost a total of about 55 lbs....and went from 205....to as low as 140......restabilizing at about 150. Hope this is helpful to you.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Howlingmoon ()
Date: May 13, 2007 11:19PM

I just started. I've been mostly raw for about two weeks now. In that two weeks, I've lost 8.8 lbs.

Howlingmoon "Moonie" Wolvespirit

Posted by: GypsyArdor ()
Date: May 14, 2007 02:26AM

Tiffany,

You'll find all kinds of motivation for losing weight on the raw diet. For me, I'm doing it for the health (I want to live a long, enjoyable life), but losing weight is really a great bonus. I've lost 68 pounds, so far. They started coming off as I began eating more and more fresh foods. According to the "charts" I'll probably end up losing 30+ more pounds. They have been coming off about one pound per week, without any effort on my part. :-D I just eat raw (not always low in fat, either!) and my body keeps responding in healthy ways.

Good luck!

Love,

Gypsy

Posted by: Monark ()
Date: May 14, 2007 02:56AM

I just started raw a little over a month ago - I lost about 6 pounds the first 2 weeks eating mostly veggies, nuts, seeds, and small amounts of fruit. I really didn't know what my nutrient values were until I plugged it in to nutridiary one day to see what it was - turns out it was about 45% fat from all the nuts and seeds and avocados, 45% carbs and 10% protein.

Since I wanted to get back into bodybuilding again, I searched around for books on raw nutrition and athletic performance and came across the 80/10/10 plan which focuses on mainly fruits all day and a salad at night. Have been doing this for about 2 weeks and my weight has stayed the same or gone up about a pound. Since I do want to lose weight, I am going to try keeping to the 80/10/10 ratio - but use mostly veggies instead of fruits - I feel better on mostly veggies than I do on fruits anyway - so think this will work better for me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Read the fre*e e-book :
101 Ways to Change the World for Animals
[www.mypowermall.com]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Own your own Power Mall, over 1000 stores - completely FRE*E
Receive rebates on items you already buy anyway....
[www.mypowermall.com]

Posted by: Peisinoe ()
Date: May 14, 2007 03:04PM

Weight before raw: 215 pounds
Weight after 100% raw: 120 pounds
Weight now on 95% raw: 130-135 pounds

Height: 174 cms (5'8'')

If anyone lost more weight than me, I would be shocked! Heheh
Went form 215- 120 in 8 months. During this time, I also did a lot of yoga and cardio.

hope this helps
xxpeisi

Posted by: alanabanana ()
Date: May 14, 2007 03:11PM

I was trying the 80-10-10 approach and realized the other day that I'm getting too thin! I started at 105 (I'm 5'2"winking smiley and lost 16-17 lbs in a month, now I'm at 88/89lbs which I think is too small, I look really boney and I don't really like it! I wasn't in it to lose weight to begin with! I do yoga 4-5 times a week and sometimes commute by cycling.

Posted by: greenie ()
Date: May 14, 2007 03:14PM

peisi,

what did you eat to lose that weight? was it 80-10-10 or more liberal raw food?

Posted by: Peisinoe ()
Date: May 14, 2007 03:39PM

Well, I would say more liberal... Maybe around 60-30-10 grinning smiley

Posted by: tiffany ()
Date: May 14, 2007 03:54PM

i am doing bout 60 carbs, 30 fat and 10 protein each day and the pounds are flying off me and i have no issues with cravings or slip ups (yet).. today i my 6th day of all raw EVER...

thanks peisione

thank you ALL for your input... i hope others continue to post

Love and Light

Tiffntwins

`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

SWIM FREE FISHES!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables