Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

i need help :[
Posted by: fuzzysox ()
Date: May 15, 2007 03:13PM

ive been all raw for 2 months and ive lost 15 pounds but now it seems like im going backwards,, im eating waay 2much food and way 2 much fat,,i got 2 pounds of nuts 2 days ago and hav already eaten like a pound a day! :[[ and if i dont hav ne fat at my house then ill gorge on all my fruits and veggies,,, the problem is i feel like i am being deprived if i dont eat all the fat,, but i kno my body dosent want thatmuch, its just my mind that keeps tricking me into eating it,, can someone please give me some support,, this is just like cooked food cravings except now it is fat,, im eating so much fat that im not losing nemore weight, even though im still 35 pouns overweight,, and i seem 2 be gaining, which isnt a surprise,, its ridiclous! please nebody :[[ thankyou

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: i need help :[
Posted by: Mama Cass ()
Date: May 15, 2007 03:17PM

Oh, how horrible!

i'm so sorry you're struggling through this. i used to do this with nuts (pistachios and almonds) so i quit on nuts. and then i did the same thing with fruits. i had to expand my diet and eat frozen banana ice cream with raw cacao powder. i could eat, like, four bananas this way, and it was sweet and chocolately, and four bananas is a lot, but it isn't uncomfortable, and the texture is soothing. it's probably not the best strategy, but it did help.

what's going on? are you at home a lot these days? are you lonely? do you need to get out and do something? it sounds like it isn't your diet as much as the time you have to be tempted and frustrated and to eat this much.

i do this when i'm PMSing as well, so i try and make sure i've got something to do or someone to be with when it happens.

sending some peace and blessings your way-

(i have started to eat watermelon's and pineapples on these days, only one, and just munch on it all day, or and juice the pineapple core, and it helps soothe me)

peace-

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: May 15, 2007 04:40PM

There's no TRICK to it. Set some VERY small and realistic goals to cut down on what YOU think is an innapropriate amount of fats...or other foods. Set some time frames. Make sure to replace them with foods and practices that YOU think ARE healthier. Take away an expectations and comparisons with others....or some 'ideal' and just focus on putting one foot in front of the other.

-Take it out of the realm of the over-whelming....and into the realm of the do-able.

-Just my opinion / suggestion.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 15, 2007 05:36PM

I have a similar problem. I don't get excited about it, however, because I feel I'll be okay as long as I'm eating fruits and veggies. My compulsions will eventually stabilize and my health will improve--as long as I stick to fruits and veggies.

I am a member of AA and I believe that the 12 steps can help me with this compulsion just as they do with my alcohol compulsion. If you would like sharing and support on the 12 steps, please send me an email, and I would be happy to listen to your concerns and explain my program to you.

Posted by: tiffany ()
Date: May 15, 2007 05:44PM

HI... i can relate to this problem very closely.... i don'tknow if you use fit day already... but i always spend a few days of logging what i eat. If i eat my BASAL NEEDS in calories ( usually body weight times 10) then i am NOT tempted to cheat or over eat...

that chocoalte banana ice cream sounds amazing and now i will make some LOL...

i easily eat 6 or 7 banans (in a day) and come nowhere near my basal needs.....i know i will not die from eating banans as my main source of calories, so when i am hungry i ALWAYS grab a banana first, unless i was planning something special like hummus or guac...

I suggest not focusing on the weigh loss as the way to tell if you are making progress... i admittidley do that too... and the days that my weight goes up or pleatues i seem to be easily tempted and closer to "cheating"...

I want to offer the following suggestiosn.... after the nuts are gone, dont rebuy except in SMALL amounts, and also get some dates or bananas in large quantities.. i think that if you eat a few dates or a banana about 10 or 15 minutes before you get to that DESPERATE I NEED NUTS place, you will find your craving easier to handle....

Take it one step at a time, slowly as you want, but also, remember nuts are not cooked SAD food, and you are doing awesome at your goal of raw....

YOU CAN DO IT.....

I want to add you to my prayer list for raw fooders, if i may..... let me know!

Love and Light

Tiffntwins

`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

SWIM FREE FISHES!

Posted by: vegcase ()
Date: May 15, 2007 11:41PM

If you crave fats a lot, you might be Lipase deficient? If so you should eat more vegetables and eat flax but no other fat. Get all your enzymes and stop eating fats, and then your craving for fats will go away. I used to be the same way about carbs like bread, but once I stopped eating it every day and got more enzymes, cravings are rare....Its probably just that you haven't been raw long enough for your body to fully get to that point where enzymes are balanced.
you can take the enzyme test here, which is where this info comes from [www.enzymedica.com]

(the last page has body types and the biggest factor for "type L" is craving fats.)

hmm...

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: May 16, 2007 12:07AM

everybody has given good advice for you fuzzysox...

it's hard to say what's up, since you don't say what you eat or how much or exercise or rest, but my thoughts are to

-try and get more organically grown food somehow. my experience is that all conventional produce doesn't work so well - can be nutritionally insufficient and high in pesticides, but it depends on the quality of the food.

-it would help to check your calories per day
-undereating drives us to nuts and fats
-eat as much fresh food as you can, not dried or frozen...
-try smoothies of greens and bananas and see if that helps
-get in shell nuts and shell them yourself.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables