Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

popcorn????
Posted by: mamadeb ()
Date: May 16, 2007 12:47AM

Greetings! This may be a silly question, but is air popped popcorn considered as part of a Raw diet???? and, where do folks get raw nuts? Thanks! I know I'll have more questions as I move along on a Raw Foods journey!!! Deb

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: popcorn????
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: May 16, 2007 12:49AM

Welcome!

1) No...but if it helps you transition...then eat it by the bagful!
2) Usually from local health food stores....or direct from home growers on e-bay.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: tiffany ()
Date: May 16, 2007 02:41AM

i used to love popcorn till going more raw and now it makes me feel heavy... sticks to my ribs.......moves through my bowls like lumps of coal... blech..

jmho

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: May 16, 2007 03:51AM

no but its corn .. mmm pop corn smiling smiley i sell corn on the side of the road all summer its one of my fave summmer jobs smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: diana ()
Date: May 16, 2007 01:20PM

Where do you sell corn...Diana

Date: May 16, 2007 06:18PM

Thank you all for your replies, but I am curious why organic popcorn popped in an air popper isn't okay for Raw, but prob. has to do with the temp needed for it to pop?I can't imagine that it is over 115*, but maybe it is...or does something need to happen to the kernals to prep. them for popping??!!! We make this frequently for our kids/family snack and I just couldn't help but wonder......?! Deb

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: May 16, 2007 06:19PM

out in deroche , outside of mission about 2 hours east of Vancouver, BC, Canada smiling smiley

so if any of ya happen to be drivin by .. thats me on the side of the road winking smiley deroche is very small cant miss me lol

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: ferg ()
Date: May 16, 2007 06:56PM

Okay, I confess, popcorn is my addiction... I treat myself to air-popped popcorn about 2 or 3 times per week... it really helps me stay on my journey and also stay away from worse things. I gently melt raw, organic coconut oil over top and sprinkle with sea salt. I was feeling really guilty about it until someone said hey, it's probably worse for your health to feel so guilty than to eat the popcorn itself.

But no, popcorn is definately cooked.

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: May 16, 2007 08:10PM

If it is hot enough to burn you than it is cooked. I say eat it till you don't want to anymore. If you are mostly raw your body will let you know when to give it up.

Date: May 16, 2007 09:44PM

Okay! Sounds good! Thank you all for your responses! Now, I posted a question about oatmeal.............Deb!

Posted by: bronwynsun ()
Date: May 16, 2007 10:45PM

well said ferg...i am learning that as well, that no matter how well i eat, my stress and overthinking the whole food issue will be what makes me feel bad or sabotages my efforts!

sometimes it's important to just eat what you feel like without beating yourself up about it. from an eating-disordered background, thats a lot easier to say than to do, but i am working on it.

Posted by: Avocadess ()
Date: May 17, 2007 02:58AM

If you do "cheat" and eat popcorn JUST DON'T MICROWAVE IT...! winking smiley hOPEfully. winking smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables