Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

hair/body cleaning
Posted by: veggiel0ve ()
Date: May 16, 2007 12:57AM

Hello everybody
i was wondering what you guys used to wash your hair and body?? and if you had any suggestions.
I heard some people stopped washing their hair, and it helped it grow faster and healthier.
im thinking of stopping, but i dont want it to get greasy...

thank you guys
your wonderful = )

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: hair/body cleaning
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: May 16, 2007 01:30AM

Me: Just water. But my hair was always plenty dry. You should use whatever you think is good for you.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: May 16, 2007 03:55AM

I also use water only for body and hair. I will perhaps use shampoo if my hair gets soot or other things in it that won't easily rinse out with water only. This seems to happen to me about 2-3 times year when I am driven to use shampoo. I've had the same 11 oz container of shampoo now for over 3 years!

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: May 16, 2007 09:56AM

any girls have any advice?? i have found that it is a little harder to just rinse longer hair and get it completely clean!!! but thanks guys for the tips
love earthangel
xoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: May 16, 2007 10:48AM

Ha, who says guys can't have long hair ;-)

This question comes up every couple of weeks it seems. Same answer, I use lemon juice. But before I lived in the city I just used water and that was working fine.

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Date: May 16, 2007 01:07PM

hey there well i was just going by the two guys that posted smiling smiley but now that we have you no need for girls i know you have lots of hair smiling smiley...hmm i am going to try lemon juice thanks hun!!
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: bronwynsun ()
Date: May 16, 2007 03:08PM

i use either lemon juice or baking soda, and massage my head thoroughly....then i use a natural conditioner and sometimes coco oil.

the more i wash my hair, the less pretty it is, to tell the truth. when the hair is washed too much, it goes into heavy oil-production mode, and for me it just gets gross. if i hydrate it a lot with natural oils, it calms down.
hope it helps!

rob you have such beautiful hair!

Posted by: vegcase ()
Date: May 16, 2007 04:41PM

[www.terressentials.com] ...I love this stuff... the hair wash is great! and I sometimes use their facewash as well. They have really good skincare info on their site about how to find TRUE organic/natural products. I haven't looked into home treatments for hair yet, so I continue to buy from them for now. But for body I use Dr. Bronner's magic soap.
I know these things probably aren't considered raw... does anyone else use the above?

Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: May 16, 2007 05:20PM

bronwynsun Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> rob you have such beautiful hair!

Aww, thanks!

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: May 16, 2007 05:21PM

water smiling smiley i have long hair that same thing .. washed too much goes really spaztick

i use almond oil on it to tame the wild curls

if its really dirty i use a squirt of masters miracle (have had that bottle about 2 years lol)

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: May 17, 2007 09:53AM

hm haha i guess being a cosmetologist i like to use something lathery haha..but am really wanting to use natural methods like lemon juice ...and i only normally wash my hair every other day...cuz i know all about washing it too often!!!
thanks for the tips guys
love earthangel
xoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: veggiel0ve ()
Date: May 18, 2007 01:38AM

thanks everybody. i used lemon and water today, and my hair is still oily (but not as much) i brushed it and that helped with the oil. it looks longer though!! im thinking maybe my hair just needs regain its natural oils lost from years and years of shampoo.

Posted by: bronwynsun ()
Date: May 18, 2007 01:51AM

i think that's exactly it, veggielove. our hair doesn't actually want to be so clean! i now wash mine once a week maximum, and even then only with water or baking soda. the more you scrub your hair to dry out the oils, the more oils it will produce...if you let it do its natural thing it will become normal over time!

my hair behaves much more nicely than before now that i don't wash it obnoxiously. it is more in nice waves rather than dry and frizzy, so it does look longer...has a sort of rope-like texture (divides itself into sections) and is overall well behaved, pretty in a natural way. my hair is down in my main photo on this site...it's longer now, but you get the idea:

[eat.rawfood.com]

Posted by: tiffany ()
Date: May 19, 2007 07:18PM

i am a very long haired, very oily type.

i wash my hair with avalon organics tea tree mix every 3rd day and i only wash the roots... i NEVER apply shampoo to ends...

i use a synthetic "boar" hair brush to brush the oils to the ends every day and BOY have i noticed a difference in my hair's condition.

Love and Light

Tiffntwins

`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

SWIM FREE FISHES!

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: May 19, 2007 07:57PM

I use water the majority of the time, I use a olive oil soap occasionally and homemade lemon soap if I have an important show or something, but I find I dont really need it anymore, dont smell like I used to when I was vegetarian!!

Far as hair, I rinse it .. but genrally wash once a week sometimes once every two. A good rinse and coconut oil, magic!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables