Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

do you take supplements?
Posted by: Hopebetter ()
Date: May 16, 2007 03:06PM

Hi all,

with raw diet, do you take supplements? I am taking multi-vitamin and Vitamin E now. What's your opinion on all supplements on the stores now? Are they toxic or needed?

thanks for all the help I hace received.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: do you take supplements?
Posted by: jono ()
Date: May 16, 2007 03:59PM

im not opposed to supplements, but im not taking any at the moment. i prefer using food as my medicine, but if I were vegan I might take some B12 for peace of mind.

the problem with vitamin supplements like vitamin E and multi's is that they generally dont contain all the cofactors necessary for their assimilation and thus may actually rob the body of some nutrients. wholefoods are best when practical.

if i had cancer today though you can bet id be taking some immunomodulating mushroom supplements and turmeric and green propolis with artepellin-C, and probably lots of other things.

Posted by: tiffany ()
Date: May 16, 2007 04:21PM

i sure do.... but in the form of lots of raw unprocessed fruits and veggies hee hee....

i have a few bottles of unopened b12 sitting around because after i bought them i didn't want to take them LOL... i'm silly....and i wasted money i could have spent on thai coconuts or goji berries..

i'm not against supplements at all.... just can't seem to remember to take the ones i have purchased LOL

Love and Light

Tiffntwins

`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

SWIM FREE FISHES!

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: May 16, 2007 07:39PM

I stopped taking them after being all-raw for a few years. They made me ill. Just my experience.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: May 17, 2007 03:23AM

I started getting tingling in my fingers and toes after following a strict 100% vegan diet for 15 years with no supplements. After about a month of taking a B12 supplement, the tingling went away.

It's 5 years later, I'm still vegan (of course), and I'm still taking B12. My husband has just now started taking a B12 supplement after following a strict 100%vegan diet for over 20 years. We both take the methylcobalamin B12, and no other supplements. We feel absolutely no sensation whatsoever from taking the supplements, other than feeling the uncomfortable symptoms of deficiency go away,

If you don't want to take supplements, it still never hurts to keep an open mind on the subject and educate yourself about the symptoms of B12 deficiency. That way, if you do start having symptoms of deficiency, you'll know what you can do about it.

Posted by: cherimoya ()
Date: May 18, 2007 04:49AM

Hopebetter,

I have not taken supplements for many years the last two paragraphs is the approach I take.
[news.yahoo.com]

Cherimoya

Love Peace and Happiness,

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: May 18, 2007 08:11PM

I take b12 once a week (methylcobalamin) and D2 once a day.

The rest, I think we are better off without pills.

This study found increased cancer risks associated with high multi use. They also examined individually selenium, vitamin E, lycopene, calcium, folate, and zinc.
[jnci.oxfordjournals.org]

These are bad news when taken as supplements. Get them from food. There seems to be a problem with heavy metal contamination in supplements for one thing. There may be other reasons, too.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables