Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Bottled juices
Posted by: the enchantress ()
Date: May 17, 2007 04:47AM

Are the bottled, refrigerated juices you can buy at the store raw? I know that juices in the Tetra packs are pasteurized, etc., but what about Happy Planet, Odwalla, etc.? They say "fresh squeezed, not from concentrate" on the bottle, but the fact that they don't expire (according to the date on the package) for a week or so makes me wonder.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bottled juices
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: May 17, 2007 09:59AM

No. But if they help you - go for it. If you're not sure - make your own.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: May 17, 2007 10:21AM

hey hun..iknow it is crazy....fresh squeezed and not from concentrate doesn't mean raw..they have tricky words on there..they fresh squeeze it and then pastuerize it and bottle it smiling smiley
tricky people haha
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: selenes512 ()
Date: May 17, 2007 12:13PM

They aren't really raw, they are flash pasteurized. So they are heated to a high temperature for a very short time. So that makes them not raw, but I have found that they make my body feel very good, so I use them. Home made is better, but I dont have the equipment for that right now, so store bought is ok in my book, as long as my body says 'yes' I do too.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables