Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Fasting at home
Posted by: daisyduke ()
Date: May 18, 2007 12:17AM

I would like to do a water fast at home. Has anyone does this? What are some things I need to be prepared for? Thank you!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fasting at home
Posted by: tiffany ()
Date: May 18, 2007 12:44AM

i would just make sure you have read a few good books or sites on it, and that you have no medical conditions like hypoglycemic or undiagnosed diabetes before doing anything like this on your own.. if it were suprivised it would be different... just be careful and go for it, LISTEN and respond accordingly to your body... i have NEVER done a water fast, but i will be reading your thread here and hope that you post how you are doing and what your outcome was and etc...

Love and Light

Tiffntwins

`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

SWIM FREE FISHES!

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: May 18, 2007 01:01AM

Yes.

1) Stay well hydrated
2) Rest as needed
3) Conscious plan how long the fast will be: don't wing it.
4) Break the fast if you feel you are 'depriving' yourself.
5) You should feel the fast is a conscious gift to your health.
6) Break the fast if you are acutely uncomfortable.
7) Enemas CAN help with elimination during a fast period.

-Just some suggestions.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Elakti ()
Date: May 18, 2007 01:16AM

Please read "Fasting Can Save Your Life" by Herbert Shelton. It is one of the best books. So much will be answered for you!

You should know what fasting is, what to expect, how to come off it, etc etc!

Elakti

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 18, 2007 01:40AM

Water fasting is easy...

but breaking the fast is very difficult.

You should be safe doing a three day water fast at home by yourself.

If it is longer than 3 days, you should water fast by yourself only if you are disciplined and prepared. If you break the fast and eat too much food, or eat the wrong food, you could hurt your digestive tract.

Here in Portland we have doctors that teach fasting, and they supervise people during the fast.

Mike

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: May 18, 2007 02:14AM

Hi Daisyduke,
Water fasting is wonderful! Consider checking out this Yahoo group; you'll find a lot of friendly, knowledgeable support there, plus a lot of articles from many sources. (I'm the moderator.):

[health.groups.yahoo.com]

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: May 18, 2007 07:07PM

Thank you all for your input. I'm wondering if any of you have ever water fasted while working. I find it difficult to get through the day (I'm an elementary school teacher on my feet all day at work). Thanks!

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: May 18, 2007 07:29PM

ive tried fasting at work ... too much distress distraction ..fastingg i think should be done along with rest as isnt that the whole point or one point of fasting ? to give our bodies a break without all the environmental, mental, physical, emotional , etc stressors?

we need fuel in our bodies to drive on thru the day ...fasting while trying to get all our normal things done *I* have found to be too difficult

the longest ive fasted is about 9 days ..with quiet time, rest etc.

i cant make it 2 days while working lol

maybe try a day or two or an overthelongweekend for 3 days type .. i couldnt imagine going thru detox with 30+ elementary school kids around

if you can do it .. i applaude you heavily =p

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: May 19, 2007 05:48PM

Well, I made it one day at school while water fasting. It was hard to concentrate and do my work with a headache, nausea and dizziness. I have to be quick thinking and on my feet all day at work. I think I'm going to go for a mono-diet of bananas for a few weeks instead of doing the water fasting. It should give me some benefits of a fast while allowing me to continue to work. Maybe I will try a water fast this summer if I get some time off. Thank you.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: May 19, 2007 09:48PM

Waterfasting and working is difficult. How do I know this? I did this once. I worked on days 8, 9, and 10 of a 10 day water fast. I highly recommend not doing this based on my own personal experience.

For me, what works best is to stay in bed as much as possible during my water fasts. And nowadays, when I water fast, my body really drops into the fast quickly, and it feels like I'm in healing mode right away. In the past, it would take a few days before my body would slow down.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables