Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Master Cleanse and Re-Rawing it!
Posted by: Niftethrifte ()
Date: May 18, 2007 03:10PM

Alas, I've fell off the path and went back to being a stinkerin' vegetarian (ugh...not even vegan!). BUT, you can not fail if you keep trying, eh? So, here I go again, 2nd try.
Anyway, my question is:
Is doing a master cleanse right before you go raw a good way to start out?
Any bad reasons not to?

I've never done a master cleanse before and have never fasted so I'm sure this will test my patience. I was hoping it would be 'free and clear' to start my raw way of life once again.

Any suggestions, comments, ideas?

Thanks!

^My Daughter, Sage and I^

Wishing you a whole lotta love,
Niftethrifte

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Master Cleanse and Re-Rawing it!
Posted by: starfruit ()
Date: May 18, 2007 03:18PM

I just did the mc and am coming off it right now to go raw again. It's perfect for that. It's given me a lot of clarity. Good luck.

xoxo,
Starfruit

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: May 18, 2007 03:30PM

I don't understand why anyone trying to go on a raw diet would want to drink maple syrup and cayenne pepper. i know that the thought is that the body needs help in cleansing, but is this idea valid?

Date: May 18, 2007 03:43PM

Thanks starfruit! How was your experiance with the mastah?

Fresh, I can totally understand what you mean. I don't plan to ever do it again but I've been eating all kinds of nasteh oggily boogily stuff and would like to be a lot cleaner than I am now and start going raw once more. I do understand, though. I don't plan on doing another one.

Niftethrifte

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: May 18, 2007 03:46PM

i 2nd fresh on that thought. I havent done an MC but posted my thoughts (rants? lol) about it about a week or two ago lol =p here was the thread here [www.rawfoodsupport.com]

when i first started going raw (id say the first 2 years)i kept fasting then feasting, fasting then feasting and for ME .. it was already starting to show or bring back feelings of previous ED's i had ....i really struggled with this raw food thing for those 2 years

so i just stopped the fasting and started just eating fresh fruit and veggies all day and have stayed the course

looking back i think the fasting / feasting thing didnt do anything for ME ... i think now i would only do a fast for the simple reason of detoxing something sick inside me , other then that i dont see its purpose or necessity as to starting or continueing a raw food lifestyle

but thats just ME smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: elover6 ()
Date: May 18, 2007 03:47PM

hahaha fresh you make me laugh blessings to you!! I wish my comp had a drama filter lol.
I think the positive thing about falling off is to realize where we dont want to be. Someone coming from Vegitarian or Vegan knows what that does for them so going back and expecting a different feeling in the body or beeing is not going to happen. Come into the High Vibrational healing of this magical way to live we have been waiting, here is a hug, put down the pan and start illuminating blesssssssssssssssss ohmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Date: May 18, 2007 04:09PM

Hmm... you guys are so right! I don't know if I'm going to do a MC anymore but I still might. Bleh. Dunno

Niftethrifte

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 18, 2007 04:11PM

Yes! The Master Cleanse is awesome, I highly recommend it.

Check out this audio I created on the Master Cleanse-

[www.therawdiet.com]

Enjoy!

Mike

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: May 18, 2007 04:15PM

but *why* is it awesome?

what about it makes you highly recommend it?

sorry i cant get your audio link to work smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2007 04:21PM by Jgunn.

Posted by: Elakti ()
Date: May 18, 2007 11:13PM

Hi there

my 2 cents:

I think a short (short, not 10 days) fast can be good for some people. I did this myself just recently (4 days) as I was just coming off some vile eating habits and my gastric disturbance was great (the burning sensation of phoney hunger, gurglings, etc) and my taste buds were so perverted, etc.

I had just resumed raw for a few days and decided that a short fast would help jumpstart the raw food plan and clean me out just enough, and sort of cleanse my palate so to speak, as I was so uncomfortable. After 4 days I was chomping at the rawfood bit, wanting again real food, comfortable and happy about it. The difference in my gastric condition, cravings, and attitude was so much improved after the brief fast, and that was my goal.

I once started MC--yrs. ago-- and dropped it in favor of continuing on water only. The salt and cayenne (especially the salt!) is ---IMO---abusive to the membranes of the intestinal tract. I thought, why am I putting these caustic substances in me when I am really wanting to take care of myself? Water fasting was much better for me.

Now I am on my raw regime and doing well.
Elakti

Date: May 19, 2007 02:21AM

Okay! Decided not to do a master cleanse!

Thanks for all the info!

Niftethrifte

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables