Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

How do you eat?
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: May 18, 2007 05:35PM

typically when i first wake up i really want alot of sweet fruits ...(when SAD eating i used to wake up and drink pop or heavy coffee with more sugar then coffee in it lol) s

then as i reach noon i find im wanting more dense heavier stuff like nuts, avo's , bananas,

towards dinner im wanting lots of greennie leafy stuff but not heavy on fats

before bed i tend to eat really watery stuff like watermelong or bowls of grapes

im not entirely sure the reasoning behind it but am curious if anyone else has certain food trends or habits they notice smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How do you eat?
Posted by: arugula ()
Date: May 18, 2007 08:17PM

I don't eat breakfast, usually not hungry.

Sometimes I bring a few pieces of fruit to school.

When I get home from school I make my big leafy salad.

After, between 1-3 hours after the salad, I make my fruit bowl.

If I am still hungry a few hours later after that, I have either another salad, or more fruit.

I usually drink light beer at night. It isn't raw and it isn't good for you. But that's where I am right now.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: May 18, 2007 08:50PM

I eat:

1) Lightly in the early morning (OJ)
2) Heavier once I'm moving (fruit snack)
3) Heaviest once I'm up for few hours (avocados)
4) Lighter in afternoon (fruit snack)
5) Very lightly in the evening (melon or papaya)

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Sparkler ()
Date: May 18, 2007 09:27PM

I have tended not to be hungry for any food until sometime between noon and 2pm. Unless I am very physically active in the morning - then I eat earlier.

I usually want a lot of sweet fruit for my first 2 meals.

At dinner I lean toward big salads and tomatoes, other acidy things. I want savory things at dinner time. And fats too, although I haven't always craved fats.

Sarah
[goingbananasblog.com]

Posted by: tiffany ()
Date: May 18, 2007 09:57PM

i am not hungry right away, hardly ever, but like thiss moring... i might have citrus ( a few oranges, or grapefruit etc) before noon, but that it's.

after 1 pm i usually am hungry and want a banana smoothie ( usually banana and celery, or banana and mango, or banana and dates about 3 to 5 bananas depending) if i don't d a smoothie i always do a big juicy melon like 1/2 a watermelon or two cantelopes, but i always have to share with the kids....

about 3 pm i want salad stuff ( grape tomatoes by the pounds, 6 cups of salad or something like that)

and evening between 6 and 8 pm i want my heavy meal.. guac with chopped tomatoes and cucumber chips or raw hummus (tahini, zuchiini, garlic and cumin) with tomatoes and a few dates with cucumber chips...

and during the night i will wake up hungry and i keep a banana by my bed, and almost always eat it between 10 pm and midnight especially if i'm awake.. otherwise i wake at about 4 am a lil hungry and go bacck to sleep..

Now if' i'm gonna cheat.. it's gonna be between the hours of 1 pm and 5 pm because i do not have any raw food available to meet my need... and that is nothing but my own irresponsible fault... LOL

Love and Light

Tiffntwins

`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

SWIM FREE FISHES!

Posted by: Berlinpathos ()
Date: May 19, 2007 03:26AM

Kombucha in the morning, and as much water as I can drink
Some fruit around 1-3
More fruit somoewhere between then and 7
A leafy salad at night. And maybe more fruit.

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: May 19, 2007 03:30AM

arugula drinking beer? wow haah that is funny, you seem so healthy. I do not like beer, I used to stay in Latrobe PA too

Posted by: greengrl ()
Date: May 19, 2007 09:13AM

I usually wake up starving after breast feeding all night, so I'll eat for 2 hours straight. almond milk, bananas, hemp shake, melons, then I have break till 3ish and have salad, then a fatty meal at dinner. but its always changing

Posted by: Howlingmoon ()
Date: May 19, 2007 09:21AM

I've been doing smoothies soon after I wake up. Then the rest of the day kinda changes for now 'til I figure out how I want to do it. Fruit juice, whole fruits/veggies, salads. I just haven't figured it out yet but, I usually do 2-3 different things each day, throughout the day, after the smoothie.

Howlingmoon "Moonie" Wolvespirit

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: May 19, 2007 02:33PM

I usually have a fruit smoothie w/greens in the morning-- I'm not too hungry then but I definitely enjoy it.

Lunch is usually fruit and celery.

About twice a week I have a Synergy kombucha drink or a Lara bar mid-afternoon. (I'm trying to wean myself off the Laras.)

I start getting pretty hungry in the late afternoon, after going to the gym and doing errands. At that point I'll have a medium-sized salad and vegetables.

Around 11:00 pm I'll usually have a little fruit.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: May 19, 2007 03:12PM

with a fork, a spoon, and occasionally a knife ( hey... parsley is tough to cut through sometimes...!)

Posted by: Howlingmoon ()
Date: May 19, 2007 03:53PM

la_veronique Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> with a fork, a spoon, and occasionally a knife (
> hey... parsley is tough to cut through
> sometimes...!)

LOL

Howlingmoon "Moonie" Wolvespirit

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: May 19, 2007 09:51PM

I don't typically eat or drink before noon. My first meal is typically mono, just one kind of fruit, like 8 bananas or 4 large mangos. My second meal is at around 7pm or so, and it starts with fruit. After the fruit I will have a salad. Sometimes with my salad I will have a fat based dressing, but often I will make a fruit based salad dressing.

Posted by: Little Bug ()
Date: May 20, 2007 06:47AM

Juice in the am. I don't generally get hungry until afternoon when I'll have some fruit until the green craving gets me. Then, a big salad. Maybe more salad later, it depends.

Posted by: Peisinoe ()
Date: May 20, 2007 08:15AM

Hey there Jgunn!

I think the way I eat is pretty similar to yours...
When I wake up at 5 am, I am not hungry, but I know this about myself= if i let myself get too hungry, I will go nuts on the cooked quick stuff. So I have a smoothie or frozen banana ice cream in the mornings.
I dont eat again until lunch, which i have at 10 am, it is a huge huge salad with pears and 3 walnuts or tomatoes, green peppers, and afterwards, an orange or 2 clementines. I dont use any dressing, as I love the taste of plain lettuce, spinach or any green really. Strange, eh

For my snack, 2 pm, I have either 3 fruits, or a coffee with vegan cream and honey.
Then when I get home from work, around 5ish I have half a pineapple or dried apricots, sesame crackers or grapes...

And finally, at 6 or so, I\ve been lately making myself half a zuchinni spiralised, mixed with broccoli, red peppers, tomatoes and nutritional yeast in a salad. It is a nice light thing to eat before I go to sleep, but if i am not hungry, i skip it altogether.

sorry for the punctuation in this one. I am on a strange laptop and the keys arent functioning in the way im used to.

xxpeisi

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 20, 2007 11:19AM

Im usually pretty starving first thing in the morning so I make the mother of all smoothies, with so much nutrition, it scratches every itch. I add to it:

Coconut water
1 banana
cacao powder
maca
mesquite
suma
ashwagandha
lucuma
spirulina
pure synergy
coconut oil
15 drops of ionic trace mineral drops

That keeps me going til about 11 oclock usually. Ill go for celery sticks with raw tahini, garlic, and maca dip (unless im on the hop, when id reach for fruit usually)

Lunch is usually a gigantic green salad and maybe some dehydrated stuff (I make the most potent raw cracker ever...lol)

Dinner is fairly light and fairly early.

Ill snack all day on various odds and sods (especially a goji, cacao, and hemp trail mix!) as I am quite a greedy pig!

Date: May 20, 2007 03:23PM

Wow, DP,
Your diet sounds really FUN!

I've been thinking of trying some mesquite powder. Can you recommend a good place online to buy it cheap?

Thanks!

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 20, 2007 03:56PM

[www.detoxyourworld.com]

The grade of this powder is really good. Some mesquite powders can be really sandy and grainy, this one is spot on.

Date: May 21, 2007 04:06PM

Thanks, Dale!

I saw Alan Alda drinking a beverage made with mesquite powder on one of those PBS programs, (or maybe it was National Geographic?), and he said it had a taste that reminded him of caramel corn. I can't wait to try some.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: ananga ()
Date: May 21, 2007 05:09PM

i wake up quite early and eat first time around 8 (three hours after waking up, yoga exercise etc).. some fruits.. orange for example..
then around 10-11 i eat couple of apples.
at 1p.m. i have my lunch - big plate of juicy leafy salad - different veggies mixed..
after couple of hours again couple of apples..
in the evening - some fruits and few dates may be...

but i am only my second month raw (about 95% raw now.. finding a balanced way to become 100% raw .. )

Posted by: tamu ()
Date: May 21, 2007 06:13PM

depends really.....mostly i'm just thirsty in the morning. But if it's cold, sometimes I feel hungry and might have banana flax porridge or something (soaked flax and banana blended).
I'm always making different things, depending on what's available/in season. I develop recipes too so that keeps me on my toes! Might have a smoothie at lunch time, or a salad, or hemp superfood shake....I drink about a pint of green juice a day with cucmber celery fennel apple alfalfa and sunflower sprouts barleygrass, that sort of thing. Usually snack on apples/bananas, raw cake if it's around, flax crax, and a veggie based raw or lightly cooked dish in the evening.
I'm not 100% tho sometimes there is a natural tendency to just drop the cooked items (oatcakes/quinoa/millet/steamed veggies), and other times i really enjoy adding some cooked. It's all good.....

~~~~~~~~~~~
my blog: [www.therawkitchen.blogspot.com]

Posted by: silverundertone ()
Date: May 21, 2007 10:35PM

in the mornings i usually have a small bowl of fruit (lately its been 1 banana, 1 c strawberries and 1 kiwi) or just juice/kombucha.
maybe one or two more pieces of fruit until noon...
around 2 or 3 i might have a small salad, and then another around 4, or ill have nothing until im done with work at 6.
anything after that is beer.

Posted by: tamu ()
Date: May 22, 2007 08:49AM

Interesting question....I guess it's kind of different from WHAT do you eat (which is kinda how i answered before).....
Ideally I would sit down and be fully present with my food whenever I eat, but in reality I snack and nibble a lot, or drink my juice while I'm doing something else. I guess I'm a bit of a grazer....it might be beneficial if i made my eating times more regular and settled...an ideal scenario for the last meal of the day is that we sit down as a family, join hands, give love and thanks, and eat slowly and peaceful. It does happen sometimes!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[www.therawkitchen.blogspot.com]

Posted by: Azura Skye ()
Date: May 22, 2007 09:52PM

i'm really bad with how I eat - I usually eat standing up whilst preparing a meal, i try and eat conciously but because I'm always aware that I should be eating conciously I lose focus on the food and focus on what I ought to be doing!

I always reach for food that I now I don't need at that moment, so I wish I could just trust my body some more.

I think mainly I'm scared that once I start eating less, I will always eat less, and I like my food - I don't want to give it up! I need to remember that I will always have food around me and that denying myself something at one point in the day isn't going to deprive me of that food later or the next day.

Posted by: Miss Joan ()
Date: May 23, 2007 08:18PM

Hi Kwan, what do you put in your favorite fruit/greens smoothie? I haven't made that combination yet and would like to. The mesquite drink sounds interesting. What are you planning to make it with. Carmel corn taste - yum! -J-

Joan

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: May 24, 2007 03:01PM

is there any particular reason for not eating before noon or is it just most of you folks that dont eat before noon simply arent hungry?

or are you giving your bodies the chance to eliminate before eating again?

i grew up in the standard ... eat a big breakfast to fuel your day .. kinda era ..even though *my* insticts were the opposite i really didnt and still dont feel like a whole lotta food first thing

when i was married to my 1st husband, i used to stand gagging in the kitchen cooking him breakfast everymorning lol ..i couldnt eat what i cooked because by the time i was done i wanted to hurl

but i still love sweet fruits when i get up they feel very awakening and refreshing for me smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: silverundertone ()
Date: May 24, 2007 03:34PM

im usually too hungover to eat before noon... :/

Date: May 25, 2007 02:37AM

Hi there, Miss Joan,
My favorite smoothie is made with 1 orange, some frozen mango puree or some fresh mango, 3-4 ice cubes, maybe 1/2 banana or a few wild blueberries, and approx. 2 C of spinach, collards, kale or anything dark green that's edible :-p

Actually, I haven't made the mesquite drink yet. I'm thinking of just putting a little of the mesquite powder in a smoothie with pineapple or mango or oranges and/or papaya. (I guess I'm partial to gold and orange fruits, huh?)

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables