Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

How do you eat broccoli in raw?
Posted by: Hopebetter ()
Date: May 19, 2007 04:40PM

Hi all,

I am still having trouble to eat broccoli in raw. I steamed them in one minute and then eat them. Can anyone share how you eat broccoli in raw? Any invented idea? I can not stand that raw taste from broccoli. Broccli is ver good for people with stomach diease, right?

thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How do you eat broccoli in raw?
Posted by: greenie ()
Date: May 19, 2007 04:47PM

1. Open mouth
2. Insert broccoli
3. Chew
4. Swallow

Seriously, if you don't like the taste, don't eat it.

Posted by: Elakti ()
Date: May 19, 2007 05:22PM

I second that notion---why eat it?

There is so much to discover that you find palatable! You don't want broccoli, why force it? If you can't "stomach it", it might not be so good for your stomach! smiling smiley

I think rawfoodism is about raw natural PALATABLE food and nothing should be forced as in "shoud do". Simple! smiling smiley

Best wishes,
Elakti

Posted by: Berlinpathos ()
Date: May 19, 2007 05:32PM

Try growing your own broccoli... I find my home-grown broccoli is always softer and has a different, sort of leafier taste. More salad-y.

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: May 19, 2007 05:55PM

The stalks can be shredded in a food processor. You can make a slaw with them, or add them to your salads. they are pretty good that way.

But the flowers: I don't like them raw, either.

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: May 19, 2007 05:58PM

I adore raw broccoli

You could try the flowering variety
(
Or perhaps make a nice dressing to go with it or marinade it in ""curry" type flavours overnight, soften it up.

Isnt really worth that much trouble if you disklike it mind!!

Better to enjoy what veg you love ..as they come!smiling smiley

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: May 19, 2007 06:09PM

I cut up broccoli into smaller pieces-- including some of the stalks-- and put it in the food processor with a half-tsp. of smoked sesame oil and whatever else I have on hand that makes sense, and it's wonderful.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: May 19, 2007 06:52PM

IMO raw starchy vegetables arn't a great (or necessary) adunct to a fresh whole foods diet. Certainly steaming broccoli makes it more palatable and easeful on the stomach (not necc. MORE digestable), whereas cooking spinach produces opposite results. I would continue eating it steamed if its enjoyable and helps with your transition, but I can't agree that in any form it does anything to 'combat' stomach disease.

gourmet raw foods seems to revel in raw starch, yam puddings mixed with dates etc...enhancing 'foods' with spices and oils and ?fruits?. These 'meals' are often food combining nightmares, and include combinations of things that even SWD eaters would never have on one plate.

Posted by: Miss Joan ()
Date: May 19, 2007 08:48PM

I know what you feel about raw broccoli. I used to love it steamed with fresh lemon squeezed on it. I would eat huge amounts. I am very new to raw eating. I tried a smoothie that was delicious and had no taste of broccoli. The recipe is from Vita-Mix & tastes good:

2 broccoli florettes
1/2 kale leaf
1/2 celery stalk
2 small carrots
1/4 apple
1/4c cold water
1/2c ice cubes

It yields 1 1/2c

I also chop raw broccoli on the fine size and toss it in any green salad. You hardly notice it's there. I do miss the steamed broccoli but I'm trying to be good.

Good luck!

Joan

Posted by: Little Bug ()
Date: May 20, 2007 06:53AM

Broccoli soup is so yummy. Made with almond mylk, avocadoes and some other goodies. I think the recipe is on fromsadtoraw.com -I rarely eat broccoli though.
Eat whatever you are craving. Don't go by what anyone says is good for you. Trust your body, it knows what you need.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables