Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

raw soup, how to heat but not cook HELP
Posted by: tiffany ()
Date: May 19, 2007 06:54PM

i need to know how to do this..

i have nothing but a small omlette pan... can i just use a real low heat and stir constantly till just warm? i am sure i can keep it from going over 110, but what do you all think? i have only paper bowls ( we are transitional living, all stuff is in storeage, we are military) so warming the bowl up to warm up the soup is not an option LOL.... and i don't own a microwave, purposefully

any help is appreciated.... thank you

Love and Light

Tiffntwins

`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

SWIM FREE FISHES!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: raw soup, how to heat but not cook HELP
Posted by: life101 ()
Date: May 19, 2007 06:58PM

Hi Tiffany,

Warm it until it feel slightly warm to your finger or on the underside of your wrist as it is more sensitive there (like testing baby's milk). Your body temp is around 98.6 degrees Farenheit. Warm to the touch would be just slightly above that.

You could also use an instant read thermometer. I have one of those. I do not heat it above 100 degrees F if I'm staying true to Raw.

Good luck.
Therese

Re: raw soup, how to heat but not cook HELP
Posted by: rosemary ()
Date: May 23, 2007 12:39PM

if you leave it in the blender for a minute or 2 it gets warm. my new powerful blender does this. in some ways i miss my domestic blender!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables