Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

fruit or vegetable fast?
Posted by: c_kat ()
Date: May 21, 2007 01:05PM

My raw diet is going really well. I am able to eat fruit now, which I couldn't tolerate before, in fact it energizes me. My skin has cleared up, my eneregy is up, my anxiety is completely gone. This is after only 3 weeks on 75% raw. Now my focus is on healing my gut and food allergies.

To accomplish this I am considering doing a fast of either just fruits or just vegetables, ie. no nuts, seeds, olives etc. I really think this will give my body a chance to heal.

What do people reeommend, a fruit or a vegetable fast? Which takes less time to digest? I want to allow my body to focus on healing as opposed to digesting.

Also, how long would it be safe to follow this?

Thanks,
Carla

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: fruit or vegetable fast?
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: May 21, 2007 02:28PM

An all fruit fast would be very cleansing.......while an all vegetable fast would initiate pretty significant weight loss....I imagine.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: May 22, 2007 12:55AM

Fruit is the easiest food to digest. Watermelon will leave the stomach in 15 minutes.

Posted by: c_kat ()
Date: May 22, 2007 02:08PM

I think I will go with fruit then. Is there a limit to how much I can have a day?

Posted by: Harmony ()
Date: May 22, 2007 02:16PM

You might find this chapter on The Eliminating Diet from Herbert Shelton's Orthotrophy helpful:
[www.soilandhealth.org]

Posted by: tamu ()
Date: May 22, 2007 02:41PM

I suppose you could always do fruit and veg....as long as you eat your fruit in the first part of the day and your veggies later....I recently did this for 6 days and loved it because it did not feel like I was missing out on anything!
Perhaps sticking to one or the other would have a stronger effect....keep things simpler for the body i guess.....

~~~~~~~~~~
[www.therawkitchen.blogspot.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables