Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Unformed Stool When Raw? Sorry if TMI, but...
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 21, 2007 07:46PM

Hi everyone, newbie here.

I apologize for the blatancy of this post, but I find that in the past 2 weeks of eating all vegan, raw (before I was a vegetarian w/occasional fish) my stools aren't formed, hardly at all. Does anyone have this?

When I eat processed foods, breads, chips, meats, etc., I don't have this, so I am confused because they say the raw diet is supposed to be healthier & stools are supposed to be this color or that.

Let me clarify, it's not diarrhea, just not formed at all.

Again, sorry for the blatancy, just looking for any input.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Unformed Stool When Raw? Sorry if TMI, but...
Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: May 21, 2007 07:57PM

Mine aren't either, and I can't say I know for sure, but I don't think it's a problem.

If you're really concerned, you might ask you doctor. Not that your doctor would necessarily know, but your doctor might suggest some testing to rule out anything serious.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2007 08:00PM by suncloud.

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: May 21, 2007 08:40PM

Same here. I have only been 100% for a month at the longest.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2007 08:42PM by pakd4fun.

Posted by: jono ()
Date: May 21, 2007 08:56PM

I had this problem when i tried a high sweet fruit diet. lately though ive been eating about half fruit/veggies plus lots of soaked and sprouted oats. i think these oats are my saving grace, allowing me to eat a raw low fat diet without getting disgusted with all the sweet fruit.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 21, 2007 09:46PM

Thanks for the input. I'm not concerned as much as I just found it odd, as I've been "programmed" to think that meant unhealthy.

I will check into the oats, although I don't want to eat anything wheat, but maybe those aren't?

Posted by: vegcase ()
Date: May 21, 2007 09:51PM

I think this has to do with getting more fiber- particularly insoluble fiber? I think that insoluble is the type that is responsible for "formation" haha.... I found a list here: [www.dietaryfiberfood.com]
looks like some high level foods are flax and almonds...

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: May 21, 2007 09:52PM

Oats and wheat are two different kinds of grains.

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: May 21, 2007 09:53PM

Hmmm....We eat a lot of flax and almonds.

Posted by: jono ()
Date: May 21, 2007 10:32PM

>>>I will check into the oats, although I don't want to eat anything wheat, but maybe those aren't?

Oats are not wheat and do not contain gluten. However oats do contain a protein that is similar to gluten called avenin. There's not a consensus on whether or not avenin is problematic for coeliac disease. Sometimes oats can be contaminated with small amounts of wheat.

A couple conflicting studies on oats and immunogenicity in ceoliacs:
[gut.bmj.com]
[www.celiac.com]

im finding soaked oat groats to be tastier and easier to digest than sprouted oat groats (strangely). ive been soaking the steel-cut oat groats for atleast 12 hours and topping with berries and cinnamon. i might try the whole oat groats also.

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: May 21, 2007 10:52PM

Less fat, more greens with your fruit, maybe a few more vegetables. . . should help.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Miss Joan ()
Date: May 21, 2007 11:53PM

Hi! I'm finding that I have a BM several times a day. This AM I was surprised when my BM was "beet" color!!!!! I had made a coleslaw of raw beets, carrots and cabbage. Over a 2 day period I had 3 or so helpings (the recipe made enough for an army!). I didn't have any today and after the first few @#$%& it stopped. However, my BM'S are very loose. I'm very new to raw food (couple of weeks) and I was advised that this is my body detoxing. Did you ever see Dr. Oz on Oprah? She has him on at least once a month. He had an entire hour on what our "@#$%&" is supposed to look like if we're healthy. It's supposed to be eliminated all at once and form the letter S. Obviously that is with a SAD. I'm not concerned. Any opinions? Thx!

Joan

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: May 21, 2007 11:57PM

my @#$%& doesnt know the alphabet tongue sticking out smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: vegcase ()
Date: May 22, 2007 07:14PM

Miss Joan: That is a good sign that you are "going" that much. I still only go about once a day even though I just started raw I was expecting more?? Don't know what I'm doing wrong... but YES, I saw Dr. Oz and heard all about the "letters S and C.." I used to see the "letters" and think "yay" to myself but have seen neither since going raw... ;p...... but maybe it will happen later in the process.

Posted by: Miss Joan ()
Date: May 23, 2007 02:39AM

THX!! Let's see what happens. I just hope I'm not losing a lot of minerals and nutrients with so many BM's. Do you think this is part of the detox??? Thx and good luck with your journey! =J=

Joan

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: May 23, 2007 03:30AM

Hard to digest foods stick in your bowels longer then whole raw fruits and veggies .. so naturally their gonna eliminate more often (more likely) and softer then hard old crusty hard to digest carcases and dead food passing thru your guts

is it part of detox ? maybe .. is it natural .. most likely.. as long as youre not having explosive diareah and the stools are soft and easy to pass i wouldnt fuss over too much smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables