Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Numbing Banana!
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 22, 2007 01:17PM

I've been trying to go raw for a time now. It's getting better and better. Anyways, I've been eating loads of banans latley, and now when i eat a banana, i get this strange numbing effect in my mouth. It feels like the dentist has injected some numbing stuff in my mouth, or like taking a few grams of psilocybine mushrooms. It feels really strange! Like delayed sense of feeling. Is it a allergic reaction or something? Any ideas?

cheers

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Numbing Banana!
Posted by: c_kat ()
Date: May 22, 2007 02:07PM

I've had that happen in the past, not with bananas but with other foods I was intolerant to. Could you avoid bananas for a few days?

Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: May 22, 2007 02:39PM

That kind of thing usually happens with me when I eat fruit which isn't properly ripe. Bananas should have brown spots on them when they are ready to eat, if they are still yellow all over they are probably not quite ready.

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Posted by: tiffany ()
Date: May 22, 2007 05:30PM

That happens to me as well. and i agree with funky rob... it usually happens to me with unripe fruit (bananas, mango, papaya) it's that kinda of sticky sappy stuff still in the fruit that makes me feel that way when it touches my mouth....

the thought of eating a yellow banana( with no brown spots) makes my tummy hurt and repulses me now... argh....

but i love bananas.... woohoo banans are actually a berry that grow on the largest herb plant in the world [www.banana.com]

i am so into bananas right now...

Love and Light

Tiffntwins

`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

SWIM FREE FISHES!

Posted by: fuzzysox ()
Date: May 22, 2007 05:57PM

it might be that they arre unripe OR ur allergic 2 them,, i had the same exact reaction with pineapple, i love the taste,, but after a couple of slices i would start 2 get a metal taste in my mouth, weird right,, and then my mouth would start 2 go numbish,, and then my lips would start bleeding! yepp but my lips only started 2 bleed if i ate more after my mouth went numb (stupid i kno) so u might b allergic 2 banana,, try and lay off of it a whle and substitute it with another fruit like apples or something,, good luck grinning smiley

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 22, 2007 06:32PM

Thanks for the replys.
It may be they are unripe.. i will try and eat some with "brown spots" (i usaly eat them when they are yellow, they LOOK more fresh beeing entirely yellow, but looks may decive =P).
Banans are like crucial for me haha, i hope i'm not allergic.. Because i have braces, apples and pears are really out of the question, bananas are perfect! =D... i dont feel bad or hurt or nothing, just the strange numbing feeling, its not really unpleasent, just strange haha =P.

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: May 23, 2007 04:16AM

Read this account of someone eating something bad for him after years on raw:

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables