Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

OK To Go Raw Cold Turkey??
Posted by: Miss Joan ()
Date: May 23, 2007 02:01AM

I tend to be obsessive/compulsive (in my opinion!). When I decide to do something I do it 100+%. I get all the amenities, tools, gadgets etcetcetc. I need to know if going "cold turkey" on a raw food diet from an SAD diet is OK. My husband and I have experienced a LOT of fatigue, frequent, loose BM's and occasional lightheadedness and slight headache. Today is the 9th day and I felt really good except for the frequent BM's. Am I losing nutritional benefits with the frequent BM's? I love fruits and veggies so this isn't a problem for me. I can't imagine what I would do for a "transition." But is I'm supposed to, I will. Thx for any help!! -J-

Joan

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: OK To Go Raw Cold Turkey??
Posted by: tiffany ()
Date: May 23, 2007 02:10AM

first congratulations on your transition! WAY TO GO! nothing wrong with cold turkey, but in others i've read and i've eexpereinced, sometimes detox is SO severe we have to slow it down with a cup of cooked riced or steamed veggies or something of the like...

now.. i think it is safe to say that "diahreahh" type stools will go away with time as your body adjusts to the new types of food you are eating... and that if you are suffering from malnutrition due to the loose stools your body will tell you "ME HUNGRY" and you will eat more to replace/get those calories/nutrient back...

but in this raw business.. i think it is very typical to have MANY BM"S ( i have three well formed each day) and for them to be very soft, but formed with few discernable veggie/fruit "matter" in them....

i hope this isn't gross... but our bodies would react if we drank a gallon of olive oil becaue it is not usesd to it... so just keep giving it time... if you have not been very raw for very long, this will take time time time...

i think if you ate bananas on a regular bassis each day it might help get those BM's formed into a more solid mass (but i dont know if you are already doding that or not).... i don't have any other ideas except that if you have taken notice to what comes out the otheer end of you and see what looks mostly undigested and steer away from it till your system is handling things better....

jmo .... and i hope thiss helps

Love and Light

Tiffntwins

`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

SWIM FREE FISHES!

Date: May 23, 2007 02:31AM

THX!!! for the information. I'm only getting 1/2 to a full banana a day (when I share a smoothie with my husband). I can easily eat more. It seems than when I get into the various greens in the afternoon the excessive BM's start. I munch on sno peas, snap peas, sprouts preceded by a salad of spinach, greens, nuts, peppers, etc. and organic vinegar (Braggs). Do you think I should cut back? Any help will be appreciated! -J-

Joan

Date: May 23, 2007 02:41AM

ohhhh you are a healthy snacker...

i would just start by eating more bananas ( or other bulk producing items sthat others are sure to suggest)... i eat about 4-5 whole banans a day at a minimu.... i DO recommend that, but i do realize that we are all different...

before you cut out thoses healthy crunchy snacks... t ry adding banans for a few days... if the LBM (loose BM) doens't slow down or stop by then, yeah... take out the insoluble fiber roughage till you get your BM's under control and then add back in those crunchy delights....

you are doing so well, please don't let this issue slow you down hun.... you are doing awesome! g/l

Love and Light

Tiffntwins

`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

SWIM FREE FISHES!

Date: May 23, 2007 06:59PM

Thx for the info & encouragement, Tiffany. I'm not discouraged. I just worry about being away from home and having an "emergency" so-to-speak! I do not like public bathrooms and often it's not the most quiet experience! LOL It's so great to be able to talk about these issues. They're important. Especially when you're knew. I started this on the 14th but a couple of weeks prior was when I learned a little about raw eating when I visited my son who lives in Portland, OR. In December he went on a retreat to Hawaii that was raw foods. He had never eaten that way before the retreat. People were surprised that he did it. He LOVED it and in the 10 days lost 10 pounds. They hiked and did all sorts of neat things. I went on the website to see what the retreat entailed. It was amazing. The website is journeysforthesoul.com They list the retreats. His was the Dec.28th - Jan.something. By the way, how do you enter a website in your post that people can click on and go right to the site? You wouldn't believe how I stumbled and fumbled trying to find the 7 Weeks Raw postings. Scary, huh? LOL

Thx,again, for your help! Have an awesome -- I mean rawsome --- day! -J-

Joan

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: May 23, 2007 07:03PM

lol this reminds me one time i was in the public washrooms ... i used to be so Quiet about what was going on ... lol

as i get older i just let 'r rip .. everyones in there doin the same so its no secret winking smiley

i do still try an wait till everyones left but hey ..sometimes ya cant help yerself ! lol tongue sticking out smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: May 23, 2007 07:28PM

well my friend.. a fact of raw food lifestyle is more need for POOING.... better get used to the frequency and the urge that often accompanies it.....

when i have to go, I HAVE TO GO... and they are well formed stools, but there is always an urerncy for me LOL....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables