Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

soybean sprouts
Posted by: tiffany ()
Date: May 23, 2007 02:20AM

i did a search andd didn't find much info on this site about soybean sprouts... maybe i only looked lasst 30 days or so...

i read about the toxins.. but no website says how much you should eat to avoid toxicity from them...

does anyone here know? i would like to eat them kimchi style about once a week in a 1-2 cup serving.... will i expereince the immune weakening symptoms described at lots of pages eating this amount once a week? anyone know?

ty

Love and Light

Tiffntwins

`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

SWIM FREE FISHES!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: soybean sprouts
Posted by: anaken ()
Date: May 23, 2007 02:34AM

IMO soy shouldn't be eaten ever uncooked, or like..at all

but if you are transitioning I would probably get those edamame pods and boil them to add to things. I had miso soup while transitioning because it was...warm smiling smiley. I don't think immune weakining makes much sense. what people are probably talking about is bouncing back and forth between raw and cooked foods, and how certain, but not all (till one is at this for a great time period) foods would effect them poorly. if they are already a part of your diet it shouldn't present a problem...if you wanted to progress further (while staying close to your comfort zone) you could.

anyway,

you could try searching Elnatural's posts, he had something recently about raw tempeh or something..

Re: soybean sprouts
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 23, 2007 03:26AM

Toxicity is reduced with sprouting especially if you let them sprout for a longer time. [www.sproutpeople.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables