Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Human activity -- stimulation or energy? Productive or not?
Posted by: learningtofly ()
Date: May 25, 2007 12:45PM

What % of daily human activity do you think is due to stimulation (from stimulating food/drink)? What % of daily human activity do you think is due to natural energy and natural goals?

Is there any point to human activity that is not in harmony with the planet, that does not work to heal the planet (including us)?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2007 12:47PM by learningtofly.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Human activity -- stimulation or energy? Productive or not?
Posted by: rawfrancois ()
Date: May 25, 2007 01:15PM

If you go on Fitday you can actually see. 24 hours a day your digestive system is working, burning off calories.

Posted by: learningtofly ()
Date: May 25, 2007 01:23PM

OK, let me re-phrase:

What % of daily human activity IN THE GLOBAL MARKETPLACE do you think is due to stimulation (from stimulating food/drink)? What % of daily human activity IN THE GLOBAL MARKETPLACE do you think is due to natural energy and natural goals?

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: May 25, 2007 02:59PM

I think about this too. It seems I am robotically doing lots of things related to artificially-generated stimulation, one thing requiring the others, interdependant necessities........ arghh!

Trying to simplify requires an overall change, and am lately wondering how far I feel like going.....

Good post, thanks.....

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: May 25, 2007 03:33PM

Yes. Much that is regarded as pleasureable or necessary is due to un-natural stimulation (foods & practices).

-Many people are becoming or are FAR more aware and conscious these days - so it's all good. The awareness and information is out there - if a person wants it. This board is a primary example.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: May 26, 2007 09:42PM

Yes but I am absolutely certain that I'd have a better quality of life if I didn't spend so much time on this stupid computer and internet.

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: May 28, 2007 03:42AM

I think about this a lot! This is a great thread. I don't have any wise answer... I just think about it.

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: May 28, 2007 04:00AM

what % of people are making their own (metaphoric or real) farm on the horizon of the market that functions both within and outside of the global marketplace?

Great post.

I think there are alot of people with good intentions spending time unproductivly with various medias in this evolving time, however the medias themselves are changing in this regard to improve the situation. My view is that there is the vissible shift from everyone getting up in the morning and reading the paper (all spending time energy fixiated on a single source) -> to having access to (what can seem like a bombardment of) many sources of information -> the process of removing themselves from their information addictions that often drain energy and become non-functional for the individual - nevermind a mass of individuals doing the same thing.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: May 28, 2007 06:28AM

two percent

Date: May 29, 2007 12:24PM

98% of the brain is busy trying to go "home"

rumi wrote a poem about getting the mind and discarding it like cloth, tearing it up

rumi also said that tailors make the most beautiful clothes by tearing it up

i tend to recall "important" things and rumi is "important" to me ( somewhere near numero uno on "important" on my "important" list)

well... that being said..

to answer no question at all,

i think that

sometimes the brain needs to be torn

to make little holes in it for light to shine through

and we tear up our minds in a variety of ways

food and drink being just 2 percent of the ways

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2007 12:27PM by la_veronique.

Date: May 29, 2007 04:42PM

learningtofly

what is the answer to your question?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables