Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

this is funny!
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: May 25, 2007 07:13PM

<[news.aol.com];

kid runs over a carefully constructed mandala ( colored sand)
8 tibetan monks show mercy

ha ha..!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: this is funny!
Date: May 25, 2007 07:15PM

computers are weird , i just copied, pasted the site and the computer itself turned it into news.aol and it doesn't match the site i was just on

whatever...

anyhoo.. that's what happened

it was a project in kansas

then they were going to pour the sand into the louisiana river to spread out the blessings

anyhow,...

kid didn't know better and started running all over the sand

the monks just said "we have three days to finish it, we'll just have to work harder"

these monks have CLASS!!

Posted by: learningtofly ()
Date: May 25, 2007 07:33PM

Here's the link:

[news.aol.com]

The monks' reaction is amazing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2007 07:38PM by learningtofly.

Posted by: pihourova ()
Date: May 25, 2007 09:05PM

Ah! Thats sooooo funny!! I wonder what makes children choose to do such things? Like why in the world did he choose to do his little dance right there? Of all places. So funny.

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: May 25, 2007 09:49PM

Ha! I just saw that on TV two minutes ago. Those monks are cool guys, huh? I could use some of their patience.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: diana ()
Date: May 25, 2007 09:52PM

The monk is truly blessed to see the beauty in having to "work harder"...what a lesson in patience...not to mention forgiveness...it shows forgiveness being this immediate thing...not this choice of an action that needs to be done...but just something that IS...

Date: May 27, 2007 02:06AM

if i had a mindset like that
open hand for sand to fall out through the fingers
if i had patience like that
nothing choked for want of it too much
if i had grace like that
where desires were just the backside of ego vanished
i think
that everything would be just right
( but i just may miss my former selfish lil selfsmiling smiley

YEEEHAWWWWWW!!!!!!!

Posted by: Berlinpathos ()
Date: May 27, 2007 02:27AM

Funny that the mother doesn't watch her son.

Posted by: tamu ()
Date: May 27, 2007 04:04AM

love you la-V!
thanks for posting that....
ur frangiapinnian friend
tamu xx<3

~~~~~~~~~~
[www.TheRawKitchen.blogspot.com]

Posted by: inspirit ()
Date: May 28, 2007 02:49AM

I live in Kansas City where this happened. The Mandala is pretty much and annual event. Highly unusual to see kids running around unattended there...just so you know we're not all a bunch of Mandala destroying clods.

As much patience as the Monks display, I suspect that privately they might express a desire to apply bamboo to someones rear end.

inspirit - aka coolkarma

Date: May 28, 2007 08:46AM

i was actually thinking about this. the child ruins there mandala on national tv, the monks forgive and move on at the same time putting a positive spin on the whole matter, endorsing the virtues of patience and hard work.

then people all over the globe, and in your country, read about this on this forum, hear about it in the news, etc. we begin discussing patience, forgiveness, and hard work on this forum. we begin to think about our own lives. and our own virtues. i think that is exactly what the monks were imagining when they try to put a positive spin on negative situations.

i was on the beach yesterday and i passed an unhappy looking woman. i smiled at her and she scowled at me. usually that would have bothered me. but i thought of the monks and it made me smile even more.

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: May 28, 2007 03:35PM

When Something like that happens, something that you initially think of as bad, maybe it only seems bad but is really only a step in a bigger direction for something good.

After thinking this, I read pihourova's post and thought 'There you go.' That mom and kid actually helped them in their quest to teach the world in a grand way, it makes them truly smile in the face of adversity.

It's a beautiful life!

Date: May 29, 2007 12:20PM

actually, I have heard that the tibetan monks do have a practice wherein
they spend galactic amounts of time, carefully creating intricate mandalas with colored sand with the express intent of "letting go" of one's own creation
as to baptize their soul

this happens to be ONE of their spiritual exercises to let go of the earthly grip on the material plane because nothing that is material is truly eternal... it is transformed from one thing to another like a broccoli becomes green compost ( colorful green sand to make mandalas with) but then the beautiful green compost that is spread on the earth becomes fertile ground for a pumpkin seed which will yield a riotous bouquet of brightly tangerine colored pumpkins... there you go

the little tot was just expediting the inevitable

and the mother was enlightened enough to know that her kid only gets ONE chance in a lifetime to play in a celestial sandbox of wisdom

good for her

good for the kid

the kid was enlightened because he knew a good thing when he saw one

heck.. i would have done the same too, you know?

colorful sand like THAT?
with all the cool designs?

of COURSE ,,.. i would have been "conditioned" you know

kids are... they see sand and they think "play"

it was only doing its job

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: May 29, 2007 02:57PM

It is pretty cool this post has been kept on the main forum so long.

It's a good post La V. Thanks.

Date: May 29, 2007 03:41PM

yes, i love this post. its beautiful and insightful and everytime someone ads to it, it puts a new and lovely spin on things. definitely what the monks would have wanted!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables