Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Norman Walker and Sodium Sulfate
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: May 25, 2007 09:41PM

I bought a book by N.W. Walker and it's called Fresh Vegetable and Fruit Juices. In it he says for a cleansing or detox, to drink Sodium Sulfate in water or what is called Glaubers Salt..or use Pluto Water (all outdated I'm sure). I'm asking if I can use my moist grey celtic sea salt instead of those outdated items.

I think I did see where it was a good cleanser for the morning drink.

Love,
Prism

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Norman Walker and Sodium Sulfate
Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: May 25, 2007 11:16PM

I read that years ago, bought the salts, smelt and tasted them - and could never bring myself to do the cleanse. That stuff was horrible to smell. If you want to detox the lymph system there are gentler ways - grapefruit essential oil and epsom salt soaks, skin brushing, etc.

If you do it, please post it.

(I think even celtic sea salt is kind of toxic and unnecessary in large amounts, and not the same thing at all as the Glauber salts, so would not use it internally that way.)

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: May 26, 2007 12:35AM

I'll just do the juice fasting day, and I'm going to use the couple combos Norman Walker advocates for arthritis..they seem like good one, and many I've used before with good results.

1 pint of each combo thru-out the day:

Grapefruit juice

Carrot and spinach juice

Celery juice

Carrot and celery juice

Carrot, beet and cucumber juice

He tells how much of each one in the book. I shopped already..so I'm set to start tomorrow. If I get starving, I may have some watermelon since that's a good cleanser too.

On Sunday I'll have my fruit, fruit smoothies, and maybe the green smoothies too.

On Monday I don't know yet..maybe a repeat of one of the 2 days above. I'll see how I feel..but since I have a 3 day week-end I can relax, go to the gym to use the pool and jaccuzzi and sleep anytime I feel like it. I also might go ahead with a couple enemas as he suggests.

I'm thinking of also adding in the organic apple cider vinegar each day..that's 2 teaspoons in some water daily.

Also, I'll be looking for some ginseng tea at the local Asian shop..couldn't find it at Henery's.

I have my peppermint tea, and maybe some fresh lemons in my pure water too.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: May 26, 2007 02:08AM

Yum, this is inspiring to read. Sounds wonderful

I like the way he gives a juice recipe for each ailment, even polio! (or maybe in another NW book)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables