Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Please Help! Distilled Water vs ....
Posted by: frutarian_nav ()
Date: May 25, 2007 10:53PM

I'm in real trouble and I need your help guys!
a lot of people say that distilled water acidify your body which is really bad for health but everyone acknowledges that water fasting using distilled water is fantastic yet somewhat dangerous for long fasting periods. Distilled water actively absorbs the toxic substances in your body and eliminates them.
Some people say you shouldn't drink distilled water for a long time and some say it's pure water and that's what you must drink for best health. Some people say it causes hair loss...
But I'm more concerned about the assertion that it makes our body's environment more acidic.

Here is an explanation of distilled water:
Distillation is the process in which water is boiled, evaporated and the vapour condensed. Distilled water is free of dissolved minerals and, because of this, has the special property of being able to actively absorb toxic substances from the body and eliminate them. Studies validate the benefits of drinking distilled water when one is seeking to cleanse or detoxify the system for short periods of time (a few weeks at a time). Fasting using distilled water can be dangerous because of the rapid loss of electrolytes (sodium, potassium, chloride) and trace minerals like magnesium, deficiencies of which can cause heart beat irregularities and high blood pressure. Cooking foods in distilled water pulls the minerals out of them and lowers their nutrient value."

Well, who cooks food, I know, and I don't buy the argument that distilled water is harmful in itself but I think it is true that distilled water turns acidic really fast in open air container if it actively absorbs bad chemicals.

Being a student myself, I don't get the argument of organic vs inorganic as well. I learned in my biology and chemistry classes that organic substances are substances that contain carbon.

Please tell me what are the risks of drinking too much distilled water. Don't tell me about the benefits of distilled water only please tell me the bad effects that might somehow result by drinking distilled water as well (if there are any). Also, is Distilled water acidic?

Here is a guy who says it's not good but yet he acknowledges that his take on this subject is not conclusive:
[www.mercola.com]

Here is what our own people say:
[www.livingnutrition.com]

Please help me, I'm baffled.

Regards,

Navid

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Please Help! Distilled Water vs ....
Posted by: CherryBlossom ()
Date: May 25, 2007 11:19PM

Here is what I've learned about Distilled water:

It is not recommended for long term usage because it has no bio available minerals.
If you drink it on regular basis you need to supplement with plant based ionic minerals to replace the electrolytes. The PH of distilled water runs between 5 to 5.5, so it is as acidic as tap water basically.

Whenever I would drink distilled water, the next day I would start to break out in my face. I assumed it was the detoxifing effect of it..

All the articles I have read about it warn against long term usage as it can lead to problems when it leaches minerals from your body.

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: May 25, 2007 11:32PM

Put some lemon juice into the distilled water. Voila, alkaline water. Therese

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: May 26, 2007 12:37AM

I've used distilled water for years, and since going raw (up and down with the percentage) I don't think one needs to worry too much about minerals. I also juice though which I think helps a lot.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: May 26, 2007 12:59AM

I own a water distiller and I enjoy drinking distilled water. I have had no health problems as a result of using distilled water. That being said, I don't drink water nowadays that much, as most of my water comes from all the fruits and greens I eat.

Of all the water processing techinques to remove toxins out of city tap water, distilling is probably the most effective and results in the cleanest water.

Date: May 26, 2007 01:05AM

By the way, all water on earth has been distilled at one point or another. The process of evaporation and the making of rain clouds and rain is a distillation process.

Posted by: frutarian_nav ()
Date: May 26, 2007 01:33AM

Thanks so much guys.
Millions of health conscious people drink distilled water and none of them seems to have any problems with it.

Is there anyone who can measure the pH of distilled water before drinking it? Bryan could you do that?

I will fast on distilled water probably in five days. I don't think anything will happen. My uncle has been drinking distilled water for ten years and he says that distilled water is his drinking water choice.

I think I better drink distilled water from now on.

Thanks so much

Regards,

Navid

Date: May 26, 2007 01:49AM

For the pH of distilled water:Double distilled water

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables