Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

speeding up detox?
Posted by: ambaryarena ()
Date: May 27, 2007 12:11AM

Hi all-- I've secretly been going seven weeks all raw with some of you. This site gives such great support and I've been very surprised with my commitment to staying raw and I know it is due to all of you.
However my first detox symptoms hit me hard this weekend. Most annoying and prevalant symptoms being a sore throat, lots of phlegm and sore muscles. I have been addicted to fruit lately and eating quite a lot...not sure if this is the best way to get through the detox quickly. Any suggestions for foods to eat, not eat, etc to speed up the process? I did rest today and didn't join a family gathering I knew would be tempting (food wise) and exhausting in other ways.

It's strange, I think I've been eating even when I'm not exactly hungry because my sense of when I am satisfied and not satisfied has been changing. I no longer feel strongly hungry, just generally satisfied most of the time. I'm assuming this will sort itself out after my body and mind get used to this wonderful change in diet.

Anyway, any suggestions greatly appreciated. I cannot emphasize the wealth of info this site has provided for me.
Thanks,
ambar

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: speeding up detox?
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: May 27, 2007 01:12AM

-Do you want to free up MORE internal toxic matter or less? If more.....then eat more cleansing fruit/juices....eat mono....get light abdominal yoga/massage....occasional enemas....and fast. If you want to simply ease the detox (and delay the cleansing/dumping of toxic inner deposits into your blood for elimination (which causes discomfort & detox symtomology)....then eat heavier foods....in 2 large meals per day.......and mix them up together.

-Just my opinions / experiences.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Date: May 27, 2007 01:43AM

Definitely want to free up more internal toxic matter and get rid of it! I'm in this for the long haul and really want to detox my system and get this uncomfortable part over. What kind of fruit/juices are clensing in particular?
Thanks for the advice

Posted by: tamu ()
Date: May 27, 2007 04:13AM

Hi,
sorry to hear you're feeling rough. Whenever I feel really rough, i have found that not eating at all, drinking plenty of fluids, and getting plenty of rest is the best way to allow the natural wisdom and healing capabilities of the body to get to work.
I've recently had a cold, and been drinking bucket loads of green superjuice....celery apple barleygrass alfalfa & broccoli sprouts ginger lemon cayenne.....that sort of thing.
All love
shell
x

~~~~~~~~~~~
[www.TheRawKitchen.blogspot.com]

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: May 27, 2007 03:03PM

-Citrus juices, and those fruits with digestive enzymes (like Papaya & Pineapple) are particularly cleansing. Grapes and figs are also great for fasts. Melons would also be a good mono fast.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: khale ()
Date: May 27, 2007 03:33PM

ambaryarena: Now that your secret is out I would like to extend an invitation to formally join us on the 7 week all raw thread. We'd love to have your input.

...and thanks for the cleansing tips DZM. I've been having some difficulties with detox symptoms too.

khale

Date: May 27, 2007 04:13PM

Thanks khale. I promise once exams are over (next week) I'll post more regularly. For now, it may just be occasionally!
Thanks for all the advice,
ambar

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: May 27, 2007 04:35PM

You could also add in warm glass of lemon water or a couple thru-out the day. As stated above, citrus juices will help cleanse, and pineapple, mango, and papaya all heavy on enzymes also help to degunkafy your body of toxic waste matter.

I got all that you have and worse when I detoxed the first time. I got earaches (I felt I had to go to the Dr.s after a month of pain). I also got red swollen lymph glands in each armpit. That was scary too. But once thru it, I've never wanted to go back to that toxic leval again, and it has kept me from totally falling off raw foods during the down periods.

Keep up the healing process!

Love,
Prism

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables