Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

is there anywhere to find cheap organic food?
Posted by: jes8098 ()
Date: May 28, 2007 02:10AM

Is there anywhere to find cheap organic food. I live in Illinois in a town that is 4 blocks by 7 blocks big. Not a whole lot of opportunity here! I almost need to find a wholesaler or somewhere to buy bulk. We mostly need alot of organic oranges, medjool dates, raw organic almonds, and any other staple food produce. I would like to get it fresh, but not where it is going to cost me an arm or a leg. I'm feeding a family of four and we're trying really hard to transition to raw for health reasons. Any suggestions would just be lovely. Thanks everyone...

~jes~

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: is there anywhere to find cheap organic food?
Posted by: Cecilia Ines ()
Date: May 28, 2007 02:15AM

Hi,
Try this website:
[www.organicfruitsandnuts.com]

Also, safeway has been stocking a lot of organic stuff lately and when it's on sale it's a really good deal.

Cecilia

For Your Free Raw Food Starter Guide E-book Go To:
[www.rawglow.com]

Let your inner glow shine!

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: May 28, 2007 06:09PM

you might also wanna try the pick your own places or farmers markets in your area or contact the out of state places and see if they will ship to you reasonably for the stuff you are looking for that doesnt grow locally smiling smiley

there is alot of things you can grow locally if you have the space or ask someone who does have the space to give you a share of the land in exchange for what you grow

farmers markets canada
[marketplace.chef2chef.net]

farmers markets usa
[marketplace.chef2chef.net]

pick your own link
[www.pickyourown.org]

work in exchange for food link
[www.pickyourown.org]

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2007 06:11PM by Jgunn.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 28, 2007 06:43PM

Sprouts are cheap and nutritious. You get pounds of organic greens for pennies.

I have heard good things about [www.azurestandard.com] , they have bulk organic foods

Mike
[www.TheRawDiet.com]

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: May 28, 2007 07:04PM

Posted by: Bikini ()
Date: May 29, 2007 03:17PM

Hi.
I agree with Jodi about connecting with local farmer's markets in your area.

In the event that they do not carry 100% organic produce or that their organic prices are too high for your budget, keep in mind that the small farmer's conventionally grown fruits and veggies are considerably more "alive" than your regular supermarket varieties of fruits and veggies. Fruits and veggies straight off the farm trucked into your town have a electricity to them having been so recently picked from the soil or tree.
While they are not contaminant and pesticide free, they are energized by having so recently come from Mother Earth and have more connection to the life force and community than the mass produced, cooler chilled and stored, mass shipped, big box supermarket varieties.
I'd eat farm veggies any day over supermarket stuff. And sometimes I even choose them over my store's organic produce.

peace
joy
i breathe in
i breathe out
Bikini

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables