Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Question for Frutarian or anyone Long Time Raw
Posted by: woodfe ()
Date: May 28, 2007 11:09AM

Hello to all. I have been 60-80% raw for the last 2 years & 100% raw for the last 2 months. My now 50 year old body has always has very good muscle tone (ie little visible flab) thanks in part to daily yoga & aerobics. Since I have embarked on the 100% raw journey (mostly 100% fruit) I have become more spacy (ie I mix up words & and am more apt to lose my train of thought) & visibly more flabby (albeit thinner). In your opionion (or anyone's opinion please) is the increase in jiggly fat due to getting older or is this a normal detox symptom? I also do every other day weight bearing exercises and I have close to no overt fats (ie 1 OR 2 avocodos per week). ADVICE PLEASE!!! Elizabeth

PS Is the spaciness also a detox symptom? By the way the jiggly fat & the spaciness or the only 2 less than positive items I see. There are so many positive benefits to gush about - my sleep is so refreshing (& I sleep so little), my hair is shiny & gorgeous like an adolescents and my mood is never depressed & almost anxiety free and I feel like I have control over my life (rather than life controlling me). Comments please.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2007 11:14AM by woodfe.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Question for Frutarian or anyone Long Time Raw
Posted by: fresh ()
Date: May 28, 2007 02:15PM

woodfe Wrote:

i don't know about the spaciness. would need more information.

what do you mean by weight bearing exercises?

Posted by: woodfe ()
Date: May 28, 2007 02:41PM

Spacy means that I will say the wrong word, or forget what I came into a room for. Weight bearing exercises means lifting & squating with 10 lbs weights on legs & arms.

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: May 28, 2007 03:02PM

i knew what you meant by spaciness, i meant we would need to know more information about your diet and lifestyle.

and i would suggest a more comprehensive/intense bodyweight or weight lifting program, which will help build muscle.

zone-training.net
or
drdarden.com
or many other websites are available.

Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: May 28, 2007 03:10PM

Some people report a spacy feeling from eating too much fruit. I'd reccomend adding some greens to your diet to balance things out a little.

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: May 28, 2007 03:47PM

-I've been all fruit for years now....and I'm the healthiest guy I know. I would say that Yes. This is a detox-type reaction. Cut back on the fruit until it passes...then resume your normal routine. Just my opinion.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables