Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Frozen tastes really icky
Posted by: life101 ()
Date: May 29, 2007 04:02AM

Just wanted to say that after eating fresh fruit/veggies for a few weeks and then having to go into my freezer for fruit since I couldn't buy what I wanted since the store was closed today (Memorial Day) that frozen tastes really bad. I cannot believe I used to eat frozen without a problem and thought it tasted good.

How about you all? I guess I will have to skip the meal/snack in the future if I don't have fresh. What do you guys do?

Therese

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Frozen tastes really icky
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: May 29, 2007 04:40AM

I just skip a meal. It won't kill you (far from it!) Ha! ha! Or I just bum a meal off of some one else........or forage.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: May 29, 2007 04:54AM

I will use frozen bananas to make ice cream through the champion. While banana ice cream is fun, a frozen banana will never be the same as a fresh one in terms of texture or taste.

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: May 29, 2007 05:33AM

Ah, answers from my two favorite experts. Thanks guys!

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: May 29, 2007 02:39PM

I like to use frozen fruits for smoothies, but only for part of the smoothie. I'll have fresh banana, and mango, then add in frozen berries. I like my smoothie chilled.

Just eating unthawed frozen fruits though..I couldn't do it, not even for raspberries.

Love,
Prism

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables