Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Relapse.
Posted by: sndnance ()
Date: May 29, 2007 02:11PM

I had a total relapse this weekend because I spent the whole weekend away from home. I didn't bring any food from home because my inlaws usually have a lot of fruits and veggies at their house but when I got there they didn't. It was so hard. I ended up eating crabs that afternoon and a BURGER. By the end of the day I was eating Pizza. I could not believe it. Now I feel like total crap and feel like it's gonna take me forever to get back to where I need to be. My energy is completely gone. Can someone give me some advice on what to do in this situation next time?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Relapse.
Posted by: khale ()
Date: May 29, 2007 02:15PM

Go to the grocery (they have those where you were, no?) and buy fruits and vegetables.

Just a suggestion.

khale

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: May 29, 2007 02:43PM

Ah..well just get right back to raw foods. One day of cooked doesn't undue all your health benefits from prior health gained from raw foods. But if you continue on, it may.

Love,
Prism

Date: May 29, 2007 02:44PM

Yeah that's a pretty simple solution except for if your living on a budget.

Posted by: pihourova ()
Date: May 29, 2007 03:49PM

well, i hope your budget includes food? lol!

Date: May 29, 2007 04:46PM

LOL. Yeah, of course it does. I will admit that it has been more expensive to eat this way though. I just didn't have the money to spend buying groceries to eat there. I guess next time I will just have to bring food from home just in case! LOL.

Posted by: pihourova ()
Date: May 29, 2007 05:20PM

smiling smiley try not to dwell on it too much. remember every day is a new day. give yourself a break! what you DID is not important, its what you DO. smiling smiley

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: May 29, 2007 06:18PM

Opinion:

-It doesn't HAVE to be more expensive! Just plan on eating MORE of the fruits and vegetables that you LOVE......at a pace that is right for YOU.

-Somewhere between ALL and NOTHING.....you'll find a level (financially, physically, and lifestyle-wise) that's comfortable and right for YOU. Start with THAT and stretch from there. There are no raw food police (except for LaV) and no-one is holding you to some 'guru's' ideal.....and I would encourage you to not hold yourself to some 'ideal' either. Be HONEST with where you ARE 100% comfortable right now. Set smaller and more consistent goals. That's all. Just my opinions. What do YOU think?

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: fuzzysox ()
Date: May 29, 2007 06:55PM

i did the same thing :[ except im addicted 2 the cooked crap again,, its like drugs or alcohol, i hate that i did this 2 myself,im really depressed about it,, and now i cant go 2 the bathroom!! dammit, i kno its gunna b like 3 days b4 i can, im only 17!! why the hell do i hav 2 be so sensitive 2 everything! i didnt use 2 be like this! im pissed im so pissed at myself and myparents for not caring, why the hell isnt anybody there for me!!! i just wunna rip myself apart, i get so far and then i messed up a little bit and i payed big time,, my skin is so red and swollen and scarred and pitted , i hate this,,why cant i just be strong enoughand stop lying 2 myself, i cnt afford 2 take 2 steps forward and one step backwards, if i do i just fall apart,, im tred of this crap, i hate that i do this 2 myself, no one hears me,

alright im sorry that was off the subject, way off,,, i had 2 vent

Date: May 29, 2007 07:01PM

Thanks everyone for your support. DAVID, I always love hearing your feedback. I am so hard on myself sometimes and there are so many opinions out there on the RIGHT way to do things but technically NO way is ALWAYS the RIGHT way!!! Thanks. smiling smiley

FUZZYSOX, You'll be fine. Don't be so hard on yourself. Believe me, you don't need to be stressing. I did that and now I have an Ulcer! Not worth it!

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: May 30, 2007 01:54AM

Fuzzysox, if you feel alone and tired of doing the same things that you aren't happy with, try to find a raw food meet either at yahoo.com or meetup.com

I've met many raw fooder that way and really they are a bunch of nice, support, giving folks. You'll find like minded people you can get to know in person, and with this board, you'll have lots of support.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: May 30, 2007 02:10AM

davidzanemason Wrote:
>
> -It doesn't HAVE to be more expensive!

Yes, I agree. It doesn't HAVE to be. But it usually is. And I find that criminal.

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: May 30, 2007 03:39AM

the only diets I know of that is less expensive is

the dollar store peanut butter cracker diet

the street hot-dog vendor and roasted nuts diet

and the rice and beans tupperware diet ( I did this one, don't think it solves digestive or energy ills)

already sorted been said but..

2 steps foward..1 step back...or one step foward...

any signs of becomming more sensitive emotionally and physically means you are trying to work though some MAJOR stuff. This IS a step foward. one that is almost impossible to be immediately successfull in my experience.

other suggestions: adopt a feasable border and stick to it, like a vegtarian or vegan mindset. that allows for smaller indiscretions to beat yourself up over. bring along a bag of raw foods for sure next time, but also don't think its illegal to bring along some rice cakes or something, if NOT having them will result in crabs

Posted by: khale ()
Date: May 30, 2007 04:05AM

lol

rice and beans tupperware diet...haha! I think I've been on that one too.

khale

Posted by: meow ()
Date: May 30, 2007 04:14AM

it may be more expensive now, but it very well may end up saving you hundreds, if not THOUSANDS, of dollars in medical bills some day.

not to mention we are choosing to voice our political opinions and priorities through what we are buying at the grocery (and maybe what we aren't buying at the grocery, too, hehe). locally grown, organic fruits and veggies support small farms/local farmers and help the environment. the only thing better than that is how great it all tastes!

you are worth any extra expenses. your health and happiness is worth it. i would much rather skimp in other areas and put healthy, living nutrition into my body than eat dead foods, and that's that.

one more thing you may want to consider is that if/when you do eat cooked, eating vegan or as low on the food chain as possible is more likely to minimize any damage or make you feel gross and bloated. it's easier to digest and plant-based foods usually have less hormones/toxins than meat. i know you were away from home but next time you "need" to eat cooked try a vegan burger rather than a beef burger, or even just some bread if there's nothing else! it's kinder to your body and to the animals smiling smiley

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: May 30, 2007 07:05AM

Yes. Meow and the others have GREAT suggestions. Thank you. You can always choose 'healthier' alternatives and 'transitional' foods. Its all about ameliorating 'all-or-nothing' thinking and finding a level that is right for you......where you have emotional/physical......REAL traction......REAL motivation where the rubber meets the road. This REAL motivation cannot be faked...and each individual must find this within themselves. For sure.

-As to the expense? When I was transitioning......I got a part time job unloading in the early morning (before I went to my real job) at a local fruit stand. It was only a couple of hours.....but it was all the free fruit I could eat........or slightly damaged produce that I could cart away!.....plus the extra bucks.....

-To clarify a bit: You don't HAVE to eat organic....you don't HAVE to buy expensive machinery......you don't HAVE to have any expensive pre-processed products. If you simply ate simple greens and simple fruits........you would almost NEVER be spending more than $1.00 / lb for food. It's even cheaper if you can find a source for dented or damaged produce...or items on sale. A CONSISTENT diet of these things alone will clean you out internally......and then things will REALLY change! LOL.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables