Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

80/10/10
Posted by: Inaia ()
Date: May 29, 2007 04:11PM

I have been raw (80-100%) for almost 3 months now. I have had problems before raw & since with congestion- and that sucks b/c I am a singer. Otherwise I have had tremendous results on raw in the areas of my weight, energy, mental clarity, skin etc.
I have been listening to an interview with Douglas Graham on Raw Vegan Radio.

Is anyone here on the 80/10/10 diet? Has anyone read the book? Does anyone have any insight, testimonials, knowledge about this approach to raw and perhaps also about how it compares to other approaches to raw?

Also, does anyone know if there is an e-book or audiobook version of it?

www.inaia.com

Options: ReplyQuote
There are many of us here, inaia
Posted by: Piano Gal ()
Date: May 29, 2007 05:03PM

I am a singer, too.

I was raw for eight years before I stumbled upon 8-1-1. It was the absolute answer for me at every level - weight loss, ease of thriving on the diet, gall-bladder/liver ease, satiation, steady energy. And my voice is great on it - and that's something for a 58 year old performer. So, I can give you an unqualified YES to 8-1-1. I know others here will too.

My very, very best,

Ellen
www.passionflowermusic.com

Re: 80/10/10
Posted by: daisyduke ()
Date: May 29, 2007 05:04PM

Hello Inaia

First, let me start by saying that your voice is absolutely beautiful! I love your website!

There are a lot of people on this board that follow Dr. Doug's 80-10-10 Diet. When I first went raw I started this way because I don't like making recipes/dehydrating things and his plan is the most simple! Eat tons of fresh fruits and veggies! I've been following 811 for over a year and a half. I am never sick and never stuffy. When I first started 811, I thought I was allergic to my classroom (I'm a teacher). I had the janitors check all of the vents etc. to my room because I thought they were filled with allergens or something. By the time I left school everyday, I could hardly drive home because my eyes were so swollen shut. Now, I never have this problem!!!! It's amazing.

His book can only be purchased from his website and from Amazon. His website will ship it faster. This book is the best $30 you will ever spend. I guarantee it.

Good luck to you. Please feel free to ask me any more questions. Love, Tammy

Date: May 29, 2007 06:24PM

Piano Gal & Daisy Duke: Thanks SO much for this input! I am in Tokyo now on a contract abd am singing 4 sets a night 6 nights a wek and it's been very intense with the dryness and the congestion. have even found my pharynx & sinuses bleeding! IIt's 3:20 am here. I am going to start this tomorrow.

I wish I could order the book but being in Tokyo makes it hard to get stuff shipped here. Hmmm... My Mom is oming to visit. Maybe I can have her buy it and bring it for me. Hmmm...

Daisyduke- Thnks so much for checking ou tmy site and I am glad yu liked it. smiling smiley

I look fwd to hearing more from you and everyone else who has insight &/or experience with this approach. I am excited to give it a go as best I can. smiling smiley

www.inaia.com

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: May 29, 2007 10:26PM

I've been doing the 80/10/10 diet for about 5 years. It took me a while to get my fat down to 10% (about 2 years). I love eating high fruits, though I will from time to time indulge in raw gourmet foods. Read the post called "High-fruit low-fat research trial!!!" to get an idea of the foods people eat on this diet.

Date: May 30, 2007 01:24AM

Thanks, Bryan. Will do. I really do enjoy making recipes so I may experiment with eating those proportions while still blending some of my food. tht's probably a good step for me. I'll check out the lkink right away. smiling smiley

www.inaia.com

Inaia.....
Posted by: Piano Gal ()
Date: May 30, 2007 11:49AM

This may not be of use to you at all....but one thing I also do, is, I run a little humidifier all day in the space where I'm going to perform. It's very helpful to my throat, especially where it's dry. I happen to live in a high desert area.

My instinct tells me that 8-1-1 will be very helpful to you. Go to vegsource.com - the site dedicated to 8-1-1. I"ve also found that certain fruits are easy on my voice, others now. Lemon is hell on toast. Mango is my friend. Pineapple is rough. I love it, but do not eat it before I sing or record.

Most warmly,

Ellen

Date: May 30, 2007 03:44PM

PianoGal- Thanks SO much for this info. I will check out the link momentarily. I also have a feeling this proportion of nutrients form these groups will be very beneficial for my voice.

I use a humidifier onstage while I perform- so thanks for the confirmation that I'm on to something here. smiling smiley I am also making a note of what fruits are helpful to you and I will do a lot of my own observation in the weeks coming.

I do notice that when I have fruit for dinner instead of salad, my voice feels better- so that's observation # 1. LOL

Thanks again for taking the time to share this with me.

www.inaia.com

Posted by: zenpawn ()
Date: May 30, 2007 11:27PM

I recently posted a review of this book on my blog:

[www.zenpawn.com]

-Erin
Raw Done Light
dogma-free RAW
Gazpacho For The Soul

Posted by: jono ()
Date: May 31, 2007 02:30AM

>>Does anyone have any insight, testimonials, knowledge about this approach to raw and perhaps also about how it compares to other approaches to raw?

My experience eating a high-carb from sweet fruit diet was sugar rushes followed by sugar lows plus sensitive teeth and generally feeling unwell. Pounding the leafy greens helped to curb these symptoms but it wasn't enough. Eventually, even the thought of another banana or slice of watermelon made me feel nauseous. There are many approaches to raw, and some don't involve fruit at all. Just experiment and find what's right for you.

Date: May 31, 2007 09:13AM

Thanks, Erin & Jono. I found the review helpful and I found what Jono share very helpful as well. Today I REALLY wanted carrots and a bit of avocado. I could FEEL my body thatnking me when I made the carrot gazpacho. O also have my doubts about the restrictions on condiments & even garlic. I'll definitely have to experiment and listen to others and research alot.

www.inaia.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables