Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw rice and flour?
Posted by: Niftethrifte ()
Date: May 30, 2007 06:33PM

My girlfriend is going to convert to raw foodism and she was asking me questions about rice and different types of flour.
My question is, if you soak rice then put it in a dehydrator to warm it up, is it consitered raw?
Also, if you take organic unbleached flour and make a cracker type mix then put it in the dehydrator to harden is this raw?
Sorry if these questions have been asked before, I've searched the forums and googled it but maybe I'm not phrasing it correctly.
Thanks!

^My Daughter, Sage and I^

Wishing you a whole lotta love,
Niftethrifte

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw rice and flour?
Posted by: tanawana ()
Date: May 30, 2007 07:08PM

She seems more concerned with it being actually being raw over being a wise food choice. Just because it is raw, doesn't mean it is automatically good for you. Just a thought to consider also. I may have misunderstood though.

Posted by: daisyduke ()
Date: May 30, 2007 07:25PM

I don't think rice is a wise food choice at all.

But, instead of rice, I usually put some cauliflower in my food processor. It turns into the consistency of rice and tastes a whole lot better, not to mention it is a thousand times better for you! Love, Tammy

Posted by: diana ()
Date: May 30, 2007 07:53PM

Hello...I had a similar question about a month ago...I wanted to know if brown rice flour was considered a raw food because sometimes if I needed a thickening agent and didn't want to use ground nuts and seeds I thought that I could use the brown rice flour instead...there were quite a few answers that got me a bit confused...I have a feeling that your friend wanted to know about using certain grains as flours to make into a paste/dough to dehydrate into crackers...I have perused many raw recipe books and it seems that many people use sprouted grains for their crackers and breads...I have also read that brown rice can be sprouted then dried and then ground into a flour...but I was also told on this site that un-cooked brown rice is not safe to eat...I did get in touch with "Bob's Red Mill" and they told me that when they make their flours the heat from the grinder is in fact over 150 degrees...My best advice is to contact the supplier of the grains that you decide to use and ask how they are processed or find a "responsible" nut, seed, and grain supplier and sprout your own...what is a downer on your raw journey is when you consume a food that you thought was "raw-OK" and find out later that it isn't...Here is some good advice...KEEP IT SIMPLE...Best Wishes on your journey...Diana

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables