Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Candida
Posted by: shep252 ()
Date: May 31, 2007 11:49AM

How can I get rid of Candida? I am having trouble eating raw foods because of the roughage, and fruit makes the candida symptoms worse. What should I do? Is juicing veggies a good option? Please help!! Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Candida
Posted by: pihourova ()
Date: May 31, 2007 12:33PM

well, even though the fruits make it worse, that is actually a good sign of detox. it will get worse before it gets better. i would recommend a fast followed by a time of eatting only one type of fruit. blending mono foods made digestion much easier for me when i first went raw. it might feel like hell at first, but once you get through the detox you will realize that it really is worth it.

here are some websites that might help you find the best way to fast for yourself:

[www.rawfoodexplained.com]

[altmedicine.about.com]

also there are some good threads on this website about fasting.
congrats on your progress so far and good luck. i really hope you feel better soon. just dont give up!!!

Date: May 31, 2007 12:52PM

Doesn't Candida strive on sugar?

Date: May 31, 2007 12:56PM

oh, i have no idea. sorry if i gave you bad advice. but almost all foods have sugar. thus, the fasting may help.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2007 12:57PM by pihourova.

Date: May 31, 2007 01:35PM

shep, did you see the candida thread that cherryblossom posted? it has some really good advice as well. i really do not think that fresh fruit is the problem.

Date: May 31, 2007 02:45PM

I just read it. Thanks!smiling smiley What really spread my candida was when I went on a grape fast back in October. I thought it would help, but it made it worse. So I am trying to eat more veggies, but they give me so many belly troubles.

Posted by: tanawana ()
Date: May 31, 2007 03:31PM

I've heard fats and fruit together is really troublesome. Fats in general should be really low to help I've been told.

Raw Veggies are pretty rough to digest if you are having digestive troubles. Juicing definately would get them in your system easier. That or steaming I'd consider. Steaming, if you are against, I would view as temporary, at least till you can heal somewhat. Try carrots, kale and celery as the mainstays first for juicing. Drink slowly. Don't mix fruit and veggies in your meals either and save the veggie juice or steamed veggies for your dinner meal.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 31, 2007 05:18PM

Try www.hacres.com put candida in search window they have a lot of information about candida and raw eating.

Posted by: jono ()
Date: May 31, 2007 09:23PM

Im on an anti-candida diet right now, basically just limiting carbs as much as possible. I no longer get that nasty white tongue full of candida which I had to brush every day. Basically I'm eating a lot of ground flax and ground sesame in water, avocado, hemp protein (raw hemp seeds would be better), olive oil, coconut oil, and a white oval shaped food which I'm not allowed to talk about. Plus I'm eating lots of garlic, ginger, and turmeric to help kill candida, detoxify, and improve digestion.

Re: For those who HAD Candida
Date: May 31, 2007 11:27PM

How long did it take to get rid of it and what was your eating regime? Thanks! smiling smiley

Date: May 31, 2007 11:46PM

Hi Shep, I just started this diet a couple days ago, within 24 hr I noticed that after brushing that white gunk off my tongue it did not return. I dont have to brush my tongue anymore ( I just checked right now and my tongue is nice and pink!).

This could be a result of killing the candida or maybe just my food choices have not left any food residue on the tongue to feed the candida in that location. I think the ultimate test will be if my blackheads and acne disappear for good.

My favorite meal lately has been a bowl of broccoli sprouts with some olive oil, crushed garlic and grated ginger. I have a theory that all the carbs I had been eating when SAD and then when high-fruit were too much for my body to deal with so the candida took over, the result was no matter how much I ate I could not gain weight/muscle, and the candida and insulin swings were causing inflammation and oxidative stress leading to my skin problems, poor memory, and generally feeling unwell.

I'll send you a pm with my eating regimen because its not vegan.

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: June 01, 2007 01:36AM

In my experience a coated tounge is caused by detoxing. If your tounge clears and you havn't 'finished the bulk of your detox' it means you have slowed it to the point of no longer removing much waste by having a denser (less cleansing) diet

I eat tons of fruit. If I start removing greens and dense things..i.e. eat only light fruits..my tounge whitens a bit. once I feel i'm and stretching my comfort zone and start adding greens and green juices and fat: avacados/durian (not really doing nuts anymore.) my tounge goes back to normal. I don't *personally* see this as an indication of any issue with or concern of candida.

i'm mixed in some way because althogh I feel that the information tieing candida issues with fat consumption/fat in bloodstream, NOT carbs is VERY convincing. I don't believe the solution for many is jumping into a high fruit/low fat diet.

because of this I don't have much of an offer of support, but figured I add in this discaimer/viewpoint

Also IMO most people find that no matter how much they eat they can not gain weight/muscle, until they're body finishes much of the cleaning out. This could potentially take ALOT of time. depending how cleansing the diet is..age...level of cellular toxin...motivation..etc...

Date: June 01, 2007 02:31AM

Another possibility is that the candida coating on the tongue (and throughout the body) is a protective mechanism to help consume sugars and prevent the body from accumulating toxic amounts of advanced glycation endproducts that result from high blood sugar levels, and which would otherwise cause cellular damage and rapid aging.

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: June 01, 2007 03:55AM

yes, Candida would deffinetly be something I wouldn't want to irradicate.

in my experience, that isn't a possibility because there is no increase in the ammount of sugars/fruit. It's just a lighter and simpler way of eating. If I was to consume NO food the coating would increase, so I don't think we can form a conclusion that candida IS coating the tounge to protect it from sugar. I don't think mucus helps consume sugar, but as far as I know it aids in eliminating wastes.

Date: June 01, 2007 12:14PM

Have you tried the spit test?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables