Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Water and Digestion
Posted by: frutarian_nav ()
Date: May 31, 2007 06:18PM

Hi,
a lot of us say and it is stated in many books that we should not drink water at least thirty minutes before and after a meal or during a meal (Am I right on this? Is it thirty minutes?), because it dilutes our stomach acid when we need it most for food digestion.

But here is my question:
Let's imagine that a person makes an almond milk for themselves by blending water and almond in a blender and drink it with their salad. Well, isn't that drinking water? Is it different from drinking a glass of water and eating a handful of almonds at the same time with your salad?

So if it is ok to blend or mix our food with water, how come it is bad to drink water before or after a meal?

Thanks

Navid

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Water and Digestion
Posted by: anaken ()
Date: June 01, 2007 01:18AM

someone SAID this is ok? And something else Wasn't! smiling smiley

it's one and the same thing.

replace the word 'bad' with 'not ideal'

the ideal would be eating foods that have the appropriate ammount of water in them (fruits and veggies)

but NOT doing this is not BAD. its all relative

What you don't want to do is add water in while you are digesting, the diluting acids.juices I think is only one component. I would wait 2 hours after eating to drink water. but I wouldn't stress about having almond milk with your salad, no.

if someone was say.. diluting fruit juices with water..it might serve a specifc purpose. i'm guessing almond milk might in the same way. that said I can see why it is confusing why one couldn't eat a bunch of fruit then drink water..OR a bunch of almonds, except that doing so serves no PRO, just CON, right?

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables