Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Allergy to raw fruits and veggies
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 03, 2007 09:45AM

I have a friend who is unable to eat most raw fruits and vegetables because they make her mouth and throat irritated. She is about 30 now and says that as a uoung child she loved to eat large amounts of raw fruits and veggies. Then when she was about seven she developed this allergy, and has had it ever since. Any ideas as to what may be the cause of this and any possible solutions.
Thanks for Readin,
Crystal

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Allergy to raw fruits and veggies
Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: June 03, 2007 03:48PM

I think a Natural Hygienist would counsel her to fast for as long as needed to restore balance in her body. (A fast is water only, cuz to fast means to abstain from taking nutrients in the body.)
Would be a longish ordeal for her but very rewarding.

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: June 03, 2007 03:54PM

She's going to have to test them individually, one by one, to learn which ones she tolerates best.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 03, 2007 07:55PM

I live in allentown PA lehigh valley county

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: June 04, 2007 02:08AM

Has she tried only organic fruits and veggies, maybe it's what is sprayed, etc..on the produce that she is allergic to. Also, does she only eat raw fruits and veggies? If one is eating other foods, how do you know it's the fruits and veggies.

I'm skeptical about someone being allergic to all fruits and veggies.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: June 04, 2007 03:03AM

this has been brought up a couple of times .. in this post
[www.rawfoodsupport.com] and this one here as well ..[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

check them out there was some good info smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2007 03:07AM by Jgunn.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: June 04, 2007 05:32AM

There have been people here who had this problem when they started their raw journey, and has their health improved, their allergies to raw fruits disappeared. It may be that your friend needs to increase her health a bit more before she can eat more raw foods. What will help is finding out which raw foods she can eat, and which cooked vegetables she can eat to help her improve her health. She also needs to include the other habits and practice that build excellent health: getting plenty of rest and sleep, exercise, fresh air, sunshine, eliminating stress, etc.

Posted by: tanawana ()
Date: June 04, 2007 02:08PM

I agree - build the health as much as you can. Lay off the offending fruits or veggies for a time and re-enter them in later. Add the fruits and veggies you can tolerate and Go slow. Start, if not already, excercising and getting some sun and proper rest and lower any possible stress.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables