Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

where to locate raw food and how to sustain your body with raw food if your a ......
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 03, 2007 01:20PM

where e to locate raw food and how to sustain your body with raw food if your a endurance runner?

I live in a regular small city but I want to start eating only raw food problem is I can't find it and what I find is not what I'm looking for....any website or supermarket I should go to and look there?

I run a lot 5 miles a day in faq so i burn a lot of calories I use to eat a fish steak or chiken after I was done but now that i wont be doing that anymore what can I use to replace the fish steak or chicken and still have the same protein gain?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2007 01:21PM by migueljs.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: where to locate raw food and how to sustain your body with raw food if your a ......
Posted by: fresh ()
Date: June 03, 2007 01:48PM

what raw fruits and veggies are available near you?

Re: where to locate raw food and how to sustain your body with raw food if your a ......
Posted by: pihourova ()
Date: June 03, 2007 01:59PM

what part of the world do you live in?

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: June 03, 2007 02:10PM

-You will have no problems with protein. Just eat the freshest, best-grown fruits and vegetables you can get your hands on. You can eat more avocados, nuts, and sprouts if you are concerned with protein issues.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: June 03, 2007 02:53PM

You will probably live longer without excess protein. Especially without cooked animal flesh.

[www.fasebj.org]

You can find uncooked plant foods in any decent grocery store.

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: June 03, 2007 04:57PM

Ive been having this same problem, now that the weather's warm and I run alot. I can eat some fruit but after a certain point it just throws off my electrolyte balance as fruit contains alot of water but little or no sodium, and after sweating I crave salty, not sweet carbs. Im still experimenting...

Posted by: Bikini ()
Date: June 04, 2007 02:59PM

For electrolyte imbalance try adding Celtic Sea Salt to water. Probably about a teaspoon or two per cup. Shake and drink.
My own doctor recomended this for me when I was nearly passing out from heat during exercise.

For running protein needs, I'd highly recommend a high quality protein powder. Try adding raw hemp protein shakes to your diet, or if you are still transitioning you may want to try the vegan protein powder called Vegn, started by a living-foods raw triathete. The Vegn powder is nearly 100% raw, hemp protein based, and highly nutritious. Apparently this competing highly ranked triathlete couldn't find anything raw to meet his nutritional needs and started his own nuritional company. He makes a protein hemp bar as well. You can google his story online.

Adding some coconut oil, almond butter, green powder and berries and/or bananas in your protein shakes will make for a more nutritionally dense drink.

Both Hemp Protein powder and the Vegn brand Protein Powder can be found at all Whole Foods stores.

Hope this helps. smiling smiley

peace
love
joy
i breathe in
i breathe out
Bikini

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables