Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

please help- worst headache of my life!
Posted by: meow ()
Date: June 03, 2007 08:25PM

i'm sure there have been threads about headaches before but i don't know how to search for them and honestly, i can barely even sit at the computer to type this. i have had this horrible headache for well over 24 hours now and it's only gotten much worse. i have extreme sensitivity to light, heat and any little noise, and i can barely move without my head feeling like it's going to explode. i've eaten lots of fresh fruit for vitamins and had tons of water to drink but nothing is helping. i think it is detox-related since i ate a cooked meal (pj&j sandwich) 2 days ago and now i have a few of those little detox bumps on my face.

is there anything i can do to get rid of it? i am about to lie down (had to run errands and do chores all morning) but i have a busy week of work ahead of me and i can't function feeling like this! help!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: please help- worst headache of my life!
Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: June 03, 2007 09:03PM

Lay down in a cool dark room if you can

Its most likely detox, is rough as it is just have to ride it out!

Only thing I can think of is some rosemary oil if you have some? Rub it on your temples or add to a cold compress and put this on your head whilst you lay down

Hope it passes

Raw-Dancer

Posted by: greenie ()
Date: June 03, 2007 09:47PM

Drink hot water with fresh lemon juice squeezed in it. This helps flush the liver. And see if you can burp. Also, some fresh aloe vera juice may help. I used to have headaches like that and all the above seemed to help.

Posted by: Kit ()
Date: June 03, 2007 09:51PM

I am sorry Meow. It doesn't seem fair. I pray for the time to arrive quickly when you realize the headache has left.

Kit

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: June 03, 2007 10:16PM

are ;you predisposed to migraines? (had them before?)

what exacttly are you eating? lots of fresh fruits doesnt say much as to what exactly youre eating ..

otherwise water, darkness and quiet are about allyou can do....

what are these detox bumps you talk about ? not sure ive heard of that before?

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: June 03, 2007 10:30PM

In the past, when I've had headaches like you've described, the only thing that really made a difference was to go to sleep until the pain passed.

Date: June 03, 2007 10:55PM

thank you for the advice & sympathy!

greenie, i'm drinking the hot water w/ lemon juice right now smiling smiley

Jgunn, by "detox bumps" i meant those tiny red almost-pimples that seem to always accompany other detox symptoms. also, the fruit i ate was bananas, a mango, strawberries, blueberries & fresh-squeezed OJ in a smoothie, plus a few dates and more bananas- most of it was locally-grown & bought this morning at the farmer's market. i'm not sure if this would even do anything for my headache but i thought all the vitamins couldn't hurt...

i took a nap for about 1.5 hours and feel significantly better. i'm going to just keep resting and stay hydrated and hopefully i'll feel better by tomorrow morning! otherwise work is not going to be fun...

so i guess this is so bad b/c of the cooked food i ate, huh? if this doesn't keep me 100% raw, i don't know what will!

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: June 04, 2007 02:04AM

I just bought the Braggs bookelet on the amazing results you get with taking their apple cider vinegar with a bit of raw honey and distilled water. Supposed to help with headaches it says.

I'm trying it out starting with today. I just happened to have Braggs ACV in the fridge. It says you don't have to refriderate it and it keeps for 3 years which I didn't know.

You mix 1-2 teaspoons acv with 1 teaspoon raw honey and some pure water and drink. You can take up to 3-5 servings a day.

Love,
Prism

Date: June 04, 2007 04:24AM

ooh, Prism, i have the bragg's raw ACV!! i don't do the honey thing (vegan and it just grosses me out) but i'm sure i can stomach just the ACV in water, i've taken it like that before. i've read that it helps your body cleanse, which is obviously what i need right now! my headache is a little better but still there, and now i feel nauseaous, too. i certainly learned my lesson from eating that pb&j sandwich.

thanks smiling smiley

Posted by: greenie ()
Date: June 04, 2007 05:55AM

Meow,

I read in another thread that you just had a car accident. That headache may not be from the pb&j but from whiplash. You might want to get that checked out.

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: June 04, 2007 07:37AM

hmm it could be whiplash..even though you said you just bumped the car..was the speed higher then rolling haha it could of been whiplash..if it continues i would go to the er...
love earthangel
xoxoxooxxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: ananga ()
Date: June 04, 2007 11:24AM

meow, how are you today?
is it better?

i really hope it is...

Posted by: Elakti ()
Date: June 04, 2007 11:53AM

Meooooowwwww,

Of course, Greenie and Earthangel are right! It could very well be connected to the fender bender! If you don't feel ALL better today, I would change plans for the day. I don't know about doctor--what do they do for whiplash? oh, stablilize neck? I sure don't know, I am blithe about blood poisoning!---but, if you don't feel well, at least stay in bed today, sleep and fast. Or, find out from someone what you should do about whiplash, maybe you do need to get one of those neck thingies for awhile, I don't know.

Good luck, we're all concerned. I had a migraine once, decades ago, and I can still remember it! I sympathize!

Let us know,
Elakti

Meow....an enema will help
Posted by: Piano Gal ()
Date: June 04, 2007 01:22PM

speed the detox a great deal. Usually it will get rid of the headache.

Date: June 04, 2007 01:30PM

soft tissue damage can happen in the neck quite easily even from a little bump !! get a doc to check it out if the headaches persist

in the mean time stabilizing the neck is a good idea as well when you lie down , put a cold compress on your neck for 2-3 minutes (reduces tissue swelling and inflamation) , then immediately heat for 15-20 minutes (brings blood to the tissues to heal)

Date: June 04, 2007 02:36PM

oops forgot to mention repeat the hot and cold 3 or 4 times consistently one right after the other ...then let it be for a few hours then repeat again .. this should speed up the healing the tissue

Posted by: Miss Joan ()
Date: June 05, 2007 01:32AM

Meow: I hope you went to a doctor today if you still had that bad of a headache. I can understand the way you felt the day of the accident (with the emotional distress etc.) but you should feel a LOT better by today. Please don't neglect this. I wrote you on another post earlier today also. I think Jgunn has the right idea of the heat/cold. If you still have the headache, PLEASE look into it. I'll say a prayer for you tonight.

Joan

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables