Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

"O" blood type and the raw diet
Posted by: seastars ()
Date: June 06, 2007 05:14PM

I am an O blood(yep ,I'm considered a carnivore) type and have been told I should eat some meat.Can an O blood type still eat raw (completly raw)and be healthy I've reaserched it a bit and everything seems to point to that I should eat some meat.I'm worried that I might cause more harm than good. I noticed my gums are pail not sure if I'm getting all I need but we also have'nt been eating much raw lately.We have tried staying raw but it has been tough for me and my son who is like me. My husband did suprisingly well on it. anyone out there have O blood type and been on this diet for a while I'd sure like to know how your doing on it. Anyone else have any ideas are suggestions? Should blood type even play into the raw diet? I really want to be on this diet because We just don't generally feel great like all you here do and I want that!Thanks Karen

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: "O" blood type and the raw diet
Posted by: dream earth ()
Date: June 06, 2007 05:52PM

David Wolfe and Gabriel Cousens are both raw vegans with O blood, and there are many, many more who are thriving; the "blood type diet" is a fraud. Going raw is generally going to be difficult sometimes; but it isn't because people need to eat other foods on account of blood type.

Posted by: anuiyer7 ()
Date: June 06, 2007 06:07PM

I am o positive, so is my mother. We have never had meat or eggs in our entire lives. I have never suffered from any physical or intellectual disabilities as a result of that. I have three children and have a masters degree. I do not believe that one (any blood type) has to eat meat. It is a preference rather than requirement/must.

Just my opinion.

Love and Peace
Anu

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: June 06, 2007 08:07PM

My opinion is that you should focus heavily on dark, especially, green vegies for the transition period. Eating sweets will probably make you feel you need meat to balance things out. Back off on all condiments, salt, onion, garlic, etc and only use them sparingly to stave off meat cravings.
All the common nutrition rules are based on the perversity of cooking our food and don't apply to raw, where we absorb nutrients in the amounts we're meant to.

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: June 06, 2007 08:53PM

I'm O+ and I'm vegan. The "Eating right for your blood type" diet is bogus. My friend has been modified raw for about 30 years and he is type O, too.

Posted by: Berlinpathos ()
Date: June 06, 2007 09:16PM

life101 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm O+ and I'm vegan. The "Eating right for your
> blood type" diet is bogus. My friend has been
> modified raw for about 30 years and he is type O,
> too.

Word.
Type O raw club! *high fives*

Posted by: seastars ()
Date: June 07, 2007 03:48PM

So why do some say that some people can actually get very sick or even die from not eating meat? I have several books that touch lightly on that and these are holistic books!(Sam Biser "Save your life"winking smileyand "what your dr. won't tell you about premenapause."But I also have health books on how to cure diseases including cancer and they all say go vegetarian (raw) someone has posted here about cancer being in remission. I read and research some much that sometimes it's overwhelming.I, as a child watched my grandmother die from cancer while she lived with us.It affected me more than I could have imagined as I got older and this was 24 yrs. ago.Now I just want no one I know to ever have to go through that.So knowing what I know I want to stave off disease anyway I can and it seems the raw food diet is the way to go.More than anything I wish I could bring my grandma back and cure her with what I do know! Oh, I am also seeing a naturpathic dr. for some female issues that I wonder if the raw food diet alone could cure?I mean surely if it can put cancer in remission it could cure others things as well. Karen

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: June 07, 2007 07:22PM

seastars Wrote:
> So why do some say that some people can actually
> get very sick or even die from not eating meat? I

maybe they own some interests in cattle ranches smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: June 09, 2007 12:30AM

I'm O positive and I'm generally raw vegan; however I definitely agree with aquadecoco's post above to eat more greens and veggies because you might feel unbalanced on too much fruit. I do occasionally get a shrimp craving and I do eat that, but it's not very often, maybe once a month.

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: June 09, 2007 12:49AM

sunshine79 Wrote:
> I'm O positive and I'm generally raw vegan;
> however I definitely agree with aquadecoco's post
> above to eat more greens and veggies because you
> might feel unbalanced on too much fruit. I do
> occasionally get a shrimp craving and I do eat
> that, but it's not very often, maybe once a month.

Tell us why

(it works for me and there's tons of chlorophyl in greens, which is an excellent blood-builder, like the iron in meat)

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: June 12, 2007 08:54PM

Oh, sure, ok.... some people feel unbalanced on too much fruit, maybe it has to do with blood type, maybe it doesn't, but I'm like that myself and I've noticed that eating more greens or something salty will balance out the fruit. I can come up with some guesses as to why some of us are like this, but I don't know the what the true answer is. I used to eat so much meat, though, before raw, because carbs would really make me gain weight, and meat made me feel good (well, it seemed that way at the time, anyway). Then when I did raw, it was the dark green leafy things and microalgaes which made my meat cravings instantly disappear. And I could barely tolerate fruit when I first started raw. It was all about the greens. So if I can do raw, I think anyone can.

Posted by: jadedshade ()
Date: June 13, 2007 12:58PM

Personally I think that the blood type diet is utter rubbish. I am O Negative and I have felt so much better since I quit eating animal products.
Our anatomy is not like that of a carnivore, or even an omnivore for that matter, it most closely matches the anatomy of a herbivore. That is what I look at, particularly the length of the digestive tract, not blood type.
Many felines have an AB blood type, so if you are a human being with an AB blood type would you go out and start eating the felines natural diet of rats, mice, birds, other small critters and bugs? (other than the nibbling on the odd bit of vegetable matter).

If type O people were going to get sick from not eating meat there would be a lot of sick vegans in the world as O Positive is the most common group.

Phil.

--------------------------------------------------

"Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it" (Chinese Proverb)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2007 01:02PM by jadedshade.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables