Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Do the cravings ever go away?
Posted by: rawveggiemom ()
Date: June 06, 2007 05:16PM

I am just wondering if the cravings for cooked food ever go away? I have been onand off raw for almost 5 years and even the times I am 100% raw I still get cravings for cooked food. I never had that problem when I first went Vegetarian when I was a kid. After about 6 months I never craved meat. I am just wondering if the same thing happens after been raw for a long time. plan to still stay raw but it would be nice to know the cravings eventually go away.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do the cravings ever go away?
Posted by: life101 ()
Date: June 06, 2007 09:01PM

I sometimes smell food like pizza and it smells good. What hold me back is the knowledge and physical pain that I endured during detox to rid my body of the pollutants.

I never want to experience pieces of my body being ripped out again. Once was bad. Six times, never again. Eventually, some cooked food will taste and smell awful.

Fruit and raw foods will smell and taste sensational after your body is cleaned out more. When one goes back to cooked, the body reacts differently, more sluggish and needing more food due to lack of nutrients. Also, BM's are almost non-existent.

See your own body reacts to cooked food. I did the experiments back and forth to study my body's reactions/funtions. There was no doubt in my mind after the experimenting that raw vegan was the only healthy way to keep my body/mind/spirit at optimal levels. You will have to prove the theories for yourself and your body. Some are able to stay modified and be fine with it. It's your body and your decision.

Good luck.
Therese

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: June 07, 2007 07:09AM

Cooked vegan food still smells good to me (Good thing, since my husband is a cooked food vegan). But yes, the cravings to eat it do go away. For me, the last ones to leave were the cravings for cooked veggies. For a while, I ate all raw except cooked veggies, and that was much easier to handle than eating other cooked foods.

In my experience though, to rid yourself of cravings, you not only have to be out of the habit of cooked food, you also have to get enough raw food variety to ensure that you meet all your nutrional needs. Otherwise your body may justifiably crave the cooked foods that last supplied the nutrition you are lacking.

Especially, check your levels of iron and calcium. With the exception of B12, iron and calcium are the minerals that probably require the most attention in a vegan raw food diet.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2007 07:13AM by suncloud.

Date: June 07, 2007 04:05PM

Hi, I'm new here and I've been reading on this forum for a couple of weeks and today I just decided to register.

I totally agree with what you wrote:

"What hold me back is the knowledge and physical pain that I endured during detox to rid my body of the pollutants."

I'm new to all of this, went from eating meat, to a 100% vegan on 4/24/07, and now for 2 weeks I'm 50% raw.

I need to learn more about raw, and if I knew more about it, I would be a 100%. I'm still learning about foods I love not cooked.

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: June 07, 2007 06:42PM

Good for you deegarry! And bon voyage on the start of an incredible journey!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables