Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Skin Care Help.
Posted by: sndnance ()
Date: June 08, 2007 07:22PM

Does anyone know of anything to minimize pores on face? I was also wondering if anyone knew of anything to treat dandruff? Please help.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Skin Care Help.
Posted by: CherryBlossom ()
Date: June 08, 2007 08:09PM

You could try raw extra virgin cold pressed organic coconut oil. It does wonders both for your skin and scalp. Smells good too.

To read about the benefits go here:

[www.coconutresearchcenter.org]

I use it for smoothies and skin care. :-)

Posted by: pihourova ()
Date: June 08, 2007 09:08PM

steam your face by placing a towel over your head while leaning over a pot of hot water. do this for 5-10 minutes. then gently rub face with a facial scrub, i like the ones that contain apricot. then use a mud mask. wipe off with a warm wash cloth.

try to do it once a week.

also getting facials with extractions every 6-8 weeks is very important.

olive oil is a great remedy for many things, but it will clog your pores and cause them to expand on your face. especially if your skin tends to be oily anyway. i think it would only make it worse.

make sure you are using a moisterizer that is oil free. and if you wear make up make sure it is oil free as well.

change your make-up sponge on a regular basis to keep bacteria out of your skin.

always apply your facial moisterizer before applying your body moisterizer.

always wash your hand before applying makeup or washing your face. your hands have lots of oil that can clog pores.

apply witch hazel to a cotton ball and sweep over your skin at night after you have washed your face.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2007 09:14PM by pihourova.

Posted by: pihourova ()
Date: June 08, 2007 09:13PM

oh, sorry i just realized cherry said COCONUT oil, not olive. sorry. smiling smiley

Posted by: meow ()
Date: June 08, 2007 10:35PM

i use organic raw apple cider vinegar at night after i wash my face. it smells bad but you'll get used to it. it really does seem to minimize my pores and give me more of a fresh-faced look. it's cheaper than those astringnents you can buy, too!

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: June 09, 2007 02:49AM

Yes, Meow has my answer about the vinegar. Also, you can add it to the hot water and steam your face.

I love my exfoliating gloves, and use them everyday when I bath. I use my hand-made soap, but you can use Braggs vinegar and distilled water if you don't like even hand-made soap.

A cold rinse also helps to close pores, or you can use witch hazel.

Love,
Prism

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables