Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Detox help!
Posted by: CherryBlossom ()
Date: June 08, 2007 07:59PM

Well, my attempts to stay 100% raw have failed. I felt like it was too stressful to try to be absolutely 100% raw and if I didn't try so hard I would do better somehow. So I allowed myself to eat sprouted bread and hummus which are not raw as well as some slow cooked (low temperature) Quinoa.

After two days of eating these things I am experiencing some strange activity in my body. I woke up in the middle of the night with a dulling head ache and nausea that has continued on to this day. I am guessing my body is trying expel/detox whatever grains and cooked things I ate.

Strange though that I did not have any detox symptoms when I was only eating raw for 4 weeks but as soon as I eat something like bread I get this.

I read a post where somebody said that you can slow down detox by adding more cooked food in your diet but for me this seems to be the opposite.

I am concerned about not being able to eat anything non raw because it's stressful for me when I travel and work and have to socialize with people who eat normal foods. Now I am scared to eat anything but fruit or veggies.

Anybody else have similar experiences? Oh and does bread/grains cause mucus?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Detox help!
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: June 08, 2007 09:16PM

Opinion:

-I hear you. You did not 'fail'. You are eating at a level that you are currently comfortable with - and this is correct. All you need to do is make smaller, more consistent goals. Set conscious (but VERY small goals) and keep accomplishing them. If you ever 'fail' - then you are setting goals too high. Don't make up a story of failure where there is none! Ha! ha! Don't let your brain, or expectations, or some guru's idea torture you. LOL.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: CherryBlossom ()
Date: June 08, 2007 09:41PM

Excellent point. I really appreciate your opinion. I need to train my mind more as it is seeing things too black and white.

Posted by: diana ()
Date: June 08, 2007 10:14PM

Hello...I would like to comment on how you felt after you ate the bread and produced the mucus...It sounds like you have wheat/gluten allergies...when a person avoids a certain food and then re-introduces it back into their diet their reaction to the food determines whether or not they have a food intolerance...By the way...those were very encouraging words from Mr. Mason...

Date: June 08, 2007 10:27PM

Check this out, I hope it helps.

[www.realgainz.com]

F1

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables