Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

help...acne!!
Posted by: veggiel0ve ()
Date: June 08, 2007 09:25PM

ok so i have been suffering with acne for years now. im eighteen and have been eating raw since october. been vegan for 2 1/2 years. i tried lowering my fat intake and thought that was helping, but my skin is breaking out the worst it ever has!!!! I am eating all raw now too.
i dont even know what products to use or anything anymore
or if it has to do more with what im eating
(my moon has been regular too for like the first time in my life)

PLEASE..SOMEBODY HELP

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: help...acne!!
Posted by: pihourova ()
Date: June 08, 2007 09:35PM

oh honey, i struggled with acne from age 18 to 25.

everyone in my family kept telling me to start jugging water like there was no tomorrow. i did not follow this advice till i was about 25. i would drink like 10 glasses or more a day. after like a week my skin was much better. i still get break outs, i am 29 now, but its nothing like what it was before. i dont drink as much water now as i eat so much fruit with my raw lifestyle. but drinking excessive amounts of water gave me a great headstart and helped me get it undercontrol.

i am so sorry you have to go through it. i know how bad it sucks. i hope this advice helps you, as it helped me a great deal. best of luck and love to you.

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: June 09, 2007 03:44PM

Keeping you skin free of bacteria will help, try using some Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar in distilled water and clean your face with just that mixture, or you could try hydrogen peroxide in some distilled water. You can finish with some cool or cold water rinse or witch hazel.

At night you can try some tea tree oil mixed in almond oil or other carrier oil or just tea tree oil, a light amount as it's very strong.

I'm into drinking the Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar at this time, and you might like their book about the health properties of acv. You can go to their website at bragg.com

Love,
Prism

Posted by: fuzzysox ()
Date: June 09, 2007 06:27PM

hey im in the same boat as u, im 17and hav been struggling with it since i was 12 it sux

ok heres sum stuff that might really help

try and do a little fast it really cleans everything out, think of the benefits yu would get eating raw for a week or 2,, fasting does that in 2 or 3 days

try reeeally potent cleansers that contain at east 10% or more of alpha hydroxy acid or known as glycolic acid, it makes your skin pee, not extremely, but it might get a little red,, its found naturally from sugar so its not some weird chemical

MSM!!! this is NATURAL SULFUR its awsome , it really heals the skin and eats up old scar tissue or new scar tissue, it helps tons with acne,, i use it and i hav cystic acne,, try and get a moisturizer with this in it, you want 10% or more very potent, bc u need extra hep for acne

aloe is very good 2 fresh aloe if u can get it, it has alot of vitamins in it that help the skin heal, and it waay better fresh and raw than in the bottles at the store

arnica cream helps with cysts, it is also extremely antibacterial,, after using all of that stuff^ and then u put arnica cream on it will still burn! thats bc theres still ALOT of bacteria on there, which if u dont have an acne problem isnt that big of a deal, but acne is like a sore and when bacteria gets in it it just makes it soo much worse,, arnica also drawn out the cysts really quickly, sometimes overnight

you need some sortof oil, i kno u think oil will make it worse, but oil heals and hydrates and protects the skins barrier, so u need a light noncomedogenic oil, like super filtered jojoba oil, jojoba oil is alot like our natural skins oil, so it dosent really clog

essential oils works really well 2 they heal acne and fade scars, you can find a list online of what all the oils do, and pick which ones you like best

SWEAT!!! i find that if i dont work out or sweat it will come out through my face, when u sweat its getting rid of all that crap that will usually come out as acne, so sweat as much as u can, wich is usualy done by exercise, and im sure u kno 2 exercise lol

the sun is amazing,, it has extraordinary healing powers,, it is antibacterial so if u cant afford 2 buy ne of the antibacterial stuff just go lay out in the sun for 30 minutes and it will kill off the bacteria, and make u feel happy,, which will in turn make yor body work better :] i usually stay out around an hour, and i hav light skin, but it dosent matter whatever u feel comfortable with ;]

and of lastly (thank god) lol try and eat low glycemic fruits and veggies if u can, u kno just limit yor intake of the really sugary ones, high sugary fruits can make you brake out, dont get me wrong fruits like pineapple, dates, mango, papaya are wonderful!! but 4 ppl with acne they can cause a flare up, so just be careful, but dont worry it prolly wont b that bad, vs eating highly sugary SAD foods! yikes

i hope this helps good luck oya rawfood.com sells a raw aloe/msm moisturizer for 10 bucks :]

Posted by: fuzzysox ()
Date: June 09, 2007 06:28PM

lmao i meant it makes your skin peel lol! :p

Posted by: myst1kst0rm ()
Date: June 10, 2007 12:51PM

I was wondering what facial pee was!!?? LOL!!

Posted by: abc123tyler ()
Date: June 11, 2007 04:00PM

My tips:

I always had the most sensitive skin of anyone I know...

Take it easy on "raw" nuts, "raw" grains and breads, and don't overeat oils.

You should be be eating more fruits, veggies, salads every day than all of this in a high ratio. Cut out nuts and grains for a few weeks at least and you will see tremendous improvement. HIGH CARB!

Date: June 11, 2007 09:57PM

Since I became a vegan in April and now Raw 75% since June 1, 2007, I have been breaking out too. I hardly ever get pimples, maybe 1 or 2 every few months, but now I have 3 or 4 all the time. I do A LOT of reading and I found out that
PEANUTS AND CASHEWS, may be the cause of it, so I stopped eat them last week and guess what, pimples all gone!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables