Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Was Jesus a Raw Foodist ?
Posted by: Mocha ()
Date: June 09, 2007 05:46PM

I realize He never ate any meat or Poultry, but did Jesus ever eat Raw Fish? Im not quite sure. I know for a fact that He never touched Fire to His food, but if He ate fish, he wouldnt be quilified as a "Raw Foodist"

> Myspace: [www.myspace.com]
> Blog: [chefdemocha.blogspot.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Was Jesus a Raw Foodist ?
Posted by: Forrest ()
Date: June 09, 2007 05:56PM

you know it for a fact? lol.

who knows, dude. If the essene gospel of peace is the real deal, and a psychic told me it was (again, who knows), then yes he was. And he also advocated never eating to more than 2/3 fullness and giving yourself a sort of colonic using a hollowed out gourd.

Posted by: fuzzysox ()
Date: June 09, 2007 06:03PM

mocha did u read this out of the bible or the essence gospel of peace? i wunna read the essence gospel of peace, whered u guys get it, is it an actual book?
thats pretty kool if he was a rawfoodist,, but it talks in the bible about how h would always go fishing and break bread with the apostles,,, ive always wondered if the bible was edited, and where you could get the real version lol

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 09, 2007 08:12PM

What he ate may be not as important as the MESSAGE he came for. He multiplied bread for those who came to ear his message.

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: June 09, 2007 09:22PM

I doubt that a myth can eat anything...

MANY CHARACTERS WERE MELDED INTO THE "JESUS" GODMAN

It is evident that there was no single historical person upon whom the Christian religion was founded, and that "Jesus Christ" is a compilation of legends, heroes, gods and godmen. There is not adequate room here to go into detail about each god or godman that contributed to the formation of the Jewish Jesus character; suffice it to say that there is plenty of documentation to show that this issue is not a question of "faith" or "belief." The truth is that during the era this character supposedly lived there was an extensive library at Alexandria and an incredibly nimble brotherhood network that stretched from Europe to China, and this information network had access to numerous manuscripts that told the same narrative portrayed in the New Testament with different place names and ethnicity for the characters. In actuality, the legend of Jesus nearly identically parallels the story of Krishna, for example, even in detail, as was presented by noted mythologist and scholar Gerald Massey over 100 years ago, as well as by Rev. Robert Taylor 160 years ago, among others.32 The Krishna tale as told in the Hindu Vedas has been dated to at least as far back as 1400 B.C.E.33 The same can be said of the well-woven Horus mythos, which also is practically identical, in detail, to the Jesus story, but which predates the Christian version by thousands of years.
The Jesus story incorporated elements from the tales of other deities recorded in this widespread area, such as many of the characters shown in the list as world saviors and "sons of God," Most of which predate the Christian myth, and a number of whom were also crucified or executed

Posted by: brian1cs ()
Date: June 09, 2007 09:45PM

Fresh --"The Krishna tale as told in the Hindu Vedas"

Ha ha ha.. Krishna in the Vedas.. lol
you mean the Bhagavad- Gita, don't you?

"the legend of Jesus nearly identically parallels the story of Krishna"

lol.. that's a blatant lie.

Date: June 09, 2007 09:47PM

brian1cs Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Fresh --"The Krishna tale as told in the Hindu
> Vedas"
>
> Ha ha ha.. Krishna in the Vedas.. lol
> you mean the Bhagavad- Gita, don't you?
>
>
> "the legend of Jesus nearly identically parallels
> the story of Krishna"
>
> lol.. that's a blatant lie.

[www.bobkwebsite.com]

Posted by: khale ()
Date: June 09, 2007 09:49PM

No. But he WAS a Capricorn.

Date: June 09, 2007 09:51PM

Nah man jesus eats chinese food I see him every day at the china wok between 6-7pm.

Date: June 09, 2007 09:52PM

khale Wrote:
> No. But he WAS a Capricorn.

yes, i agree, she was most likely a goat.
a pious goat.

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: June 09, 2007 09:56PM

fresh, I don't agree in terms of faith. Yes, there never was a Jesus Christ as Jesus,the name, was made from the Pagan god, Zeus. His real name was Yeshua (Yahweh saves). Christ is in actuality from "[Origin: learned respelling of ME, OE Cr&#299;st < L Chr&#299;stus < Gk chr&#299;stos anointed, trans. of Heb m&#257;sh&#299;ah&#803; anointed, Messiah]."[dictionary.reference.com] Christ if you look in the Concordance originally was "Anointed". (There are many deliberate perversions and mistranslations in the Bible.) This means anointed with the Spirit of Yahweh. Faith is real and internal. The Spirit of Yahweh is within if you have the Spirit.

Mocha, Yeshua (not Jesus) never ate fish. He was 100% raw vegan. You can read other parts of the Bible like the one from Daniel that was put in another post and they never ate any animal products. “And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat [food].” – Genesis 1:29 You can also read "The Essene Gospel of Peace".

fuzzy: Go here for the Lost Books of the Bible, The Book of Enoch, The Secrets of Enoch, The Essene Gospel of Peace, etc.: [urlhttp://www.thenazareneway.com/index.htm#%A0The%20Sacred%20Texts[/url] Happy reading.

Therese

Date: June 09, 2007 09:57PM

Well anyways, all jokes aside. When I used to read the bible my conclusion was that he was not a Raw foodist. (Cuz he ate fish)

Also peter had a dream that Jesus/God told him to kill a cow and eat it..

Regardless.. the bible is really random and doesnt really make much sense to me.. as today I was remembering when I read "Man shall not live on bread alone, but by the very word of God.." I would like someone to put that theory to test and try to live without eating... lol

Date: June 09, 2007 10:00PM

life101 Wrote:
> fresh, I don't agree in terms of faith. Yes, there
> never was a Jesus Christ
>

you may find this interesting therese

"The personal existence of Jesus as Jehoshua Ben-Pandira can be established beyond a doubt"

[www.theosophical.ca]

Date: June 09, 2007 10:02PM

Not to interrupt your name debate.. but I mean, does his name really matter? Who really knows for sure? Nobody here was there to witness anything so how can we Really know? I mean think about it... Basically we are just taking ancient dead peoples words for it.. for all we know Jesus rode a magic carpet.

We're basically taking the word for a bunch of old deceased authors.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2007 10:04PM by nuksui.

Date: June 09, 2007 10:11PM

This is such a loaded topic that I just can't resist...

First, I think it very unlikely that there was NOT an individual teacher known by the name of Jesus who lived and breathed: a real man. Many of the stories, teachings and doctrines associated with him, however, ARE probably overlays and additions of mythic material stemming from primarily Persian and Greek mythic cultures - and maybe Indian as well, as the ancients were great syncretists.

Secondly, I think it very unlikely that Jesus was a raw foodist, or even vegan. One of the criticisms leveled against him by his contemporary detractors was that he came "eating and drinking", and was called a "winebiber and a glutton". This would be very strange "mythic" material if the goal of the mythologizer was to make Jesus look good. Therefore, this is probably a "true story".

We can be fairly certain that he did engage in the spiritual practice of "fasting".

And according to astrological evidence, or the position of the planets (the three wise men btw were probably egyptian or persian astrologers) at the approximate time of his birth (figured around other prominent historical personages ruling or living at the time of Jesus) Jesus was probably a Piscean.

khale

Date: June 09, 2007 10:14PM

oh and nuksui: It's that man does not live by bread ALONE, not man does not live by bread at all.

khale

Date: June 09, 2007 10:18PM

yeah thats what I wrote.. LOL

But you do have some good points. I've also heard that christmas isnt anywhere near Jesus' birthday.. and christmas started from pagen religions ect.. (whatever pagan means) .. Ive been told "Winter solictes' is what christmas is about.. but thats just another topic..

So does anyone know the answer to why the sky is blue? smiling smiley

Posted by: brian1cs ()
Date: June 09, 2007 10:27PM

Fresh, that website you provided is so full of lies and inaccuracies it ain't even funny. I don't have the time or patience to refute anything. Let people believe what they want.

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: June 09, 2007 10:30PM

I love the possibilities of this thread, having been inordinately fascinated with the meaning of Jesus and his message most of my life. I pretty much agree with the Cosmic Myth idea that Jesus was a composite of many teachers and/or a mechanism for teaching higher truths. Whether Jesus was a real person or not, his core teachings can open our hearts and give us a window on the whole topic of spiritual healing.

I think ultimately it's the Christ that we want to internalize from the Jesus story, and since the Christ is God incarnated in man, the Christ is real, even if Jesus wasn't. Perhaps he was a historical person; if so he was probably a fully Christed (realized) being.

His teachings seem to be minimally concerned with food, but as others here have noted, the Bible is pretty sketchy on a lot of details. We just don't know.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: June 09, 2007 11:07PM

brian1cs Wrote:
> Fresh, that website you provided is so full of
> lies and inaccuracies it ain't even funny. I don't
> have the time or patience to refute anything. Let
> people believe what they want.

give me a couple examples of the lies and i'll research it myself.

Date: June 09, 2007 11:43PM

brian1cs Wrote:
> Fresh --"The Krishna tale as told in the Hindu
> Vedas"
>
> Ha ha ha.. Krishna in the Vedas.. lol
> you mean the Bhagavad- Gita, don't you?
>

it looks like this may be what the original quote was referring to .

[en.wikipedia.org]

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: June 10, 2007 02:17AM

am I missing something or was this thread not intended for Mocha to find out if raw fish was ok to eat? smiling smiley

sorry bro raw fish (especially today) is one of the absolute worst foods. the fact that it is even thought of as a health food or healthy alternative to land flesh is a travesty.

it basically starts rotting immediately - has 0 chance of not rotting inside the eater, and is often riddled with parasites.

another thing I can add (since I know nothing about such myths of creation) is that the fact that jesus recommended colonics is no mystery because at that time in history (way..way after the 'fall' comparatively) humans were already pretty dam ill. You can see this also with ayurveda where the practice of 'medicine' and individuation was already in full force. This is also why (for me) the concept of ayurveda has very little present application, for its based on 'treating' already ill version of human beings.

despite the existance of 'leavers' who have (barely) remained scattered throughout the world as examples of health (raw fooders or not) who have thier own distinct non-written path, all 'recorded' histories we have are those recorded by the sick. kudos to jesus (whoever you were) for - at that point in history - setting the a model for observing and reversing the crisis in health and spiritual decline

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: June 10, 2007 03:22AM

>am I missing something or was this thread not intended for Mocha to find out if raw fish was ok to eat? smiling smiley <

Good point, Anaken!-- we did sort of go off on all sorts of tangents without answering his question.

My husband used to go f**hing* with his dad, and it's true: all the fish he caught, whether ocean f**h or lake catch, was riddled with parasites and had to be cooked. Knowing that f**h has parasites, I've never been able to bring myself to try sushi, even when I was into the Paleo diet for a couple years.

*Parts of the word omitted to satisfy the sensibilities of certain people on thisi board who might be offended by the mention of non-vegan stuff, even in the defense of the vegan diet. ;-)

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: June 10, 2007 09:56AM

I got this book translated from aramaic, from the essenes.It is pretty cool, along with " Our father" he taught, " Our mother, who art on earth.." amd fasted people by the river and taught how to do gourd enemas and bake wheat berries sprouted bread on rocks.

He never ate raw fish, it was bread always, and you know how you heard he got made people were selling idols outside a church, well the real story was they were selling anumals for animal sacrifice and he got mad and knocked over their table.

Mystics are usually vegetarian fasters, I mean, how can you commune with god and eat meat?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2007 09:59AM by coconutcream.

Posted by: FirstGarden ()
Date: June 10, 2007 03:05PM

Good question Forrest. Here's a record from a disciple of Jesus. It is the biblical record. The Essene teachings do not agree, so each person will need to decide for themself what they believe. Peace to all. :-)

Luke 24: 36-49

Jesus Appears to the Disciples

36) While they were still talking about this, Jesus himself stood among them and said to them, "Peace be with you."

37) They were startled and frightened, thinking they saw a ghost. 38He said to them, "Why are you troubled, and why do doubts rise in your minds? 39Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch me and see; a ghost does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have."

40) When he had said this, he showed them his hands and feet. 41And while they still did not believe it because of joy and amazement, he asked them, "Do you have anything here to eat?" 42They gave him a piece of broiled fish, 43and he took it and ate it in their presence.

44) He said to them, "This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms."

45) Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures.

46) He told them, "This is what is written: The Christ will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day,

47) and repentance and forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

48) You are witnesses of these things.

49) I am going to send you what my Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high."

Posted by: FirstGarden ()
Date: June 10, 2007 03:22PM

This was recorded by John, Jesus' closest disciple:

John 21: 1-14

1) Afterward Jesus appeared again to his disciples, by the Sea of Tiberias.It happened this way:

2) Simon Peter, Thomas (called Didymus), Nathanael from Cana in Galilee, the sons of Zebedee, and two other disciples were together.

3) "I'm going out to fish," Simon Peter told them, and they said, "We'll go with you." So they went out and got into the boat, but that night they caught nothing.

4) Early in the morning, Jesus stood on the shore, but the disciples did not realize that it was Jesus.

5) He called out to them, "Friends, haven't you any fish?" "No," they answered.

6) He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some." When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

7) Then the disciple whom Jesus loved said to Peter, "It is the Lord!" As soon as Simon Peter heard him say, "It is the Lord," he wrapped his outer garment around him (for he had taken it off) and jumped into the water.

8) The other disciples followed in the boat, towing the net full of fish, for they were not far from shore, about a hundred yards.

9) When they landed, they saw a fire of burning coals there with fish on it, and some bread.

10) Jesus said to them, "Bring some of the fish you have just caught."

11) Simon Peter climbed aboard and dragged the net ashore. It was full of large fish,, but even with so many the net was not torn.

12) Jesus said to them, "Come and have breakfast." None of the disciples dared ask him, "Who are you?" They knew it was the Lord.

13) Jesus came, took the bread and gave it to them, and did the same with the fish.

14) This was now the third time Jesus appeared to his disciples after he was raised from the dead.

Jesus was not a raw foodist. Raw food does not equal holiness. That is a inner, spiritual matter. Jesus said, "It is not what goes into the mouth that defiles a person [the inner person] but what comes out of it."

Raw food eating is wise today because the entire food supply is contaminated. It wasn't in ancient times. There is no need to equate raw food with Christianity, or to pit the two against each other, as some do. There does not have to be a conflict. But we do need to take care of our temples.

Peace to all. :-)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2007 03:35PM by FirstGarden.

Posted by: Witek ()
Date: June 10, 2007 08:20PM

Good posts, FirstGarden.

People who quote Genesis 1:29 and such must also realize that when Adam and Eve were banished from the Garden of Eden, the rules changed. Plants apparently changed to be less ideal than they were in the Garden of Eden:

Genesis 3:18
Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field;

Genesis 3:19
In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

Genesis 4:12
When thou tillest the ground, it shall not henceforth yield unto thee her strength; a fugitive and a vagabond shalt thou be in the earth.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2007 08:27PM by Witek.

Posted by: dream earth ()
Date: June 10, 2007 08:36PM

Who cares? I wonder if Jane Eyre was a rawfoodist? Personally, I'd take her message over that other persons any day; but they are both fictional, and the latter is actually so off-base, so violent, so against intuition, that I can only hope it and the book it came from die off so we can finally have a real chance of consciousness as a species.

Force the change you want to see in the world through direct, socialist democracy!

[www.dreamingearth.net]

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: June 11, 2007 03:00AM

I would rather argue over gandhi being a fruitarian which they claim he was for a few years.

Posted by: selenes512 ()
Date: June 11, 2007 03:31AM

Dream Earth,

I would encourage you to look into Jesus's message more deeply, there is nothing violent in it. His message was all about love and peace, it is the people who came after him who perverted it. I am not christian, but I think it is important to respect what a positive teacher Jesus was. Or at least to get your history straight.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables