Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

rheumatoid arthritis
Posted by: ambaryarena ()
Date: June 11, 2007 03:15AM

Hi-
My mom is considering joining me on raw foods. She has suffered from rheumatoid arthrisis (RA) for many years. Anyone have experience with arthritis and raw foods? Anything (foods, supplements) in particular that will help her body?
This forum gives such great, knowledgeable advice. Thanks.
ambar

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: rheumatoid arthritis
Posted by: anaken ()
Date: June 11, 2007 03:31AM

I wrote a post on 'balanced raw diet' which sums up how I think people might do a transitional diet. I think older folks, especially with acute symptoms will want to be cleansing very slowly by incorporating a range of fresh raw foods into their existing diet while consciously choosing cooked foods at lesser and lesser levels of toxin/mineral leeching. She might find certain fruits might aggravate the arthritis for now. I would stray from most supplements and taper off drugs and medicines accordingly (although not immediately) at a level that is comfortable for these will pretty much negate alot of healing from taking place. My vote would also be for TONS of greens in the form of green extracted juices.

Re: rheumatoid arthritis
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: June 11, 2007 02:43PM

I have arthritis, and it's in my finger joints, back, hip, knee, and feet. Thru the raw food diet, much of the pain has gone, and I'm still improving.

I still had very bad sciatica and pain in my right leg all the way to my knee. I started using Braggs apple cider vinegar (I stronly urge you to get their book on acv from bragg.com) last Monday, so I've been taking it 3x a day for 7 days.

It has helped to quell the pain in my sciatica, no small feat, and the pain from my knee to my hip also is much improved. I can move without pain, exercise (although exercise does make me a bit stiff..'cause I've not done it for a long while) and go up and down stairs much easier.

I did a little research on uric acid crystals and have taken some natural products for it before which helped somewhat..like burdock root tincture, but the acv has done th most good for more things. She might want to do some research on uric acid crystals staying away from websites that sell supplements for it. There's something called Tophi and that's an interesting by product of uric acid crystlas and gout. I finally indentified what I had in my finger joints, my knee and just above my knee, and my big toe on my left foot. It also was forming in my left thumb.

Raw foods, (no read meats or dairy)distilled water, Braggs apple cider vinegar 2-3 x a day. Green juices are a great way to start out getting those green nutrients to absorb quickly in a body.

Love,
Prism

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables